PDA

View Full Version : Rap VS Pred

Rapture Rules
03-07-2003, 07:58 PM
The Raptor will win the drag race becouse of the Power diff, the Predator is kind of gutless off the start I just raced one last weekend up a hill and you will beat it in the drag. The suspension on the predator is really good from what I hear. the Bump stear is practically nothing. I have also hear the Predator is a littel hard to handel the woops and popen up the front end becouse the way the bike is set up. I couldn't tell you about the jumping part but my Raptor jumps really nice.

:cool:

GOMER007
03-08-2003, 06:07 PM
0NE W0RD

CRAPTERD!

#1 A Pred will beat a tred any time.
#2 A Pred has 52HP at the crank!
#3 A Terd has 45hp (on it's best day!)
#4 The Terd's trany is JUNK!(don't shift
worth a hoot!)
#5 The Terd is stinkin ugly & and it's
A YAMAHUGGY!

flyin#5
03-09-2003, 09:45 AM
gomer, lay off the smart @ss comments... the raptor is not the best quad but it still has its place for things like dunes and wide open trails...

GOMER007
03-09-2003, 02:22 PM
I know that the raptor is a good quad, but the Pred is made in the U.S. and still you bash it?

300exryder
03-09-2003, 02:53 PM
You kids are so immature! Why can't we all accept the fact that it doesn't matter what the manufacturer's name is, the quad can still be good. I gues I' an oddball because I switched from my 300ex to a Raptor because of many reliability and part problems and also because the Raptor is all around the BEST quad for riding in my area. The 400ex doesn't compare and reverse isn't optional, it's mandatory. I recently bought a new 2002 Raptor and paid an extra $800 instead of getting a Predator. I wouldn't buy a first year quad because of the bugs and glitches that need to be worked out. I am very happy with my Raptor and just feel that it is too bad that people are so Honda loyal and anti-Yamaha that they won't respect what others ride; whether it be better (Raptor) or worse (Breeze) than what they ride.

End rant.

GOMER007
03-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Yes and it does not madder how long you have been riding if you ride on your grass for 20years it does not make you an expert! I have been riding since I was 6 (on a Suzuki lt 230 with a ‘83 400 twin street bike engine in it! ) I’m 13 now and I ride a ’99 400EX
and a ’96 TB with a 400indy snowmobile engine stuffed inside(90hp) I ride on 60,000
acres of crown land, I ride MX and XC and ride also go with my dad and friends. :blah

zroost
03-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 300exryder
You kids are so immature! Why can't we all accept the fact that it doesn't matter what the manufacturer's name is, the quad can still be good. I gues I' an oddball because I switched from my 300ex to a Raptor because of many reliability and part problems and also because the Raptor is all around the BEST quad for riding in my area. The 400ex doesn't compare and reverse isn't optional, it's mandatory. I recently bought a new 2002 Raptor and paid an extra $800 instead of getting a Predator. I wouldn't buy a first year quad because of the bugs and glitches that need to be worked out. I am very happy with my Raptor and just feel that it is too bad that people are so Honda loyal and anti-Yamaha that they won't respect what others ride; whether it be better (Raptor) or worse (Breeze) than what they ride.

End rant. Kids are immature? They are kids..hello
and I bet alot of them would leave you in their dust if given a chance.

GOMER007
03-10-2003, 03:36 PM
You think you can keep up with my 90hp TB hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe what dose your z put out 30 35hp? The only thing that could keep up to me was a
Lt500!

zroost
03-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey goomeru...if u read my comment right It was even directed at u....pay attention....go back and read it....I was talking to 330exrider....and dont jump on the z...doesnt matter what u ride...its how u ride it...now take off your helmet so i can roost you in the face.....see ya

foxracingboy
03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Gomer007: ur a lil B-I-T-C-H who hell cares what the **** u ride

Yes and it does not madder how long you have been riding if you ride on your grass for 20years it does not make you an expert! I have been riding since I was 6 (on a Suzuki lt 230 with a ‘83 400 twin street bike engine in it! ) I’m 13 now and I ride a ’99 400EX
and a ’96 TB with a 400indy snowmobile engine stuffed inside(90hp) I ride on 60,000
acres of crown land, I ride MX and XC and ride also go with my dad and friends.

WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW do u want a damn cookie

QuadJunkies
03-15-2003, 05:20 AM
A rider can make a HUGE dif on racing...sure overall speed helps alot, but a good rider can beat power too.I know of someones whos Daughter whos 15 races on a 300ex and shes beating all the quads including Raptors all because of skill...;)

QuadJunkies
03-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Rapture Rules
The Raptor will win the drag race becouse of the Power diff, the Predator is kind of gutless off the start I just raced one last weekend up a hill and you will beat it in the drag. The suspension on the predator is really good from what I hear. the Bump stear is practically nothing. I have also hear the Predator is a littel hard to handel the woops and popen up the front end becouse the way the bike is set up. I couldn't tell you about the jumping part but my Raptor jumps really nice.

:cool: Ryan...dont you think" guttless" is a lil much???:confused: :rolleyes: this machine is FAR from gutless...

QuadJunkies
03-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by GOMER007
0NE W0RD

CRAPTERD!

worth a hoot!)
A YAMAHUGGY! :pRyan would you care to share a word here???:p maybe a few memeber can give you alil insight on what yours is going through...;)

Team Outlaw #34
03-15-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Rapture Rules

:cool:

Who Cares? :huh

QuadJunkies
03-15-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
Who Cares? :huh LOL.. ........I think Ryan is trying to prove point he will beat out new quad from top to bottom, personally I dont really know what the out come will be... Both machines could use a pipe IMO..,and the predator is a lil boogy in first gear,but this machine will be good on trails and the shocks have proved to be good so far on the first initial ride on ours... Ill be posting more about how it handles this week...

QuadTrix6
03-15-2003, 06:05 AM
0NE W0RD

CRAPTERD!

worth a hoot!)
A YAMAHUGGY!

maybe you should tell that to sheldon riggs :eek:

Team Outlaw #34
03-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL.. ........I think Ryan is trying to prove point he will beat out new quad from top to bottom, personally I dont really know what the out come will be... Both machines could use a pipe IMO..,and the predator is a lil boogy in first gear,but this machine will be good on trails and the shocks have proved to be good so far on the first initial ride on ours... Ill be posting more about how it handles this week...

Tina i didn't know you just got a predator! thats awsome....i watched daryl rath race las weekend ( well i guess i was wwaaayyy behind him the whole time) and he did awsome on the predator....he won every race he was in....it has a lot of top end but yeah your right first gear looked kinda boggy for him....Good luck with the predator tina!

QuadJunkies
03-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
Tina i didn't know you just got a predator! thats awsome....i watched daryl rath race las weekend ( well i guess i was wwaaayyy behind him the whole time) and he did awsome on the predator....he won every race he was in....it has a lot of top end but yeah your right first gear looked kinda boggy for him....Good luck with the predator tina! Thanks:)... I went to his site and read about the race...Thats really cool,who else was hanging with him in the race btw? The predator is new, we just got it on Thurs so thats prol why you didnt know before. I posted a few pics in a thread of it...;)

RED121572
03-15-2003, 11:13 AM
0NE W0RD

CRAPTERD!

worth a hoot!)
A YAMAHUGGY!

Ive ridden a Raptor. I can honestly say, the two are close in pwr. I cant tell you which one is faster or more powerful than the other. I have been warned from those that have dragged a raptor with a predator. They tell me if you drag a Raptor, make sure its uphill. For some strange reason, many are finding out the predator can out drag a Raptor uphill rather than the flats. Anyone have any input on this?

03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
That doesnt make any sense the Raptor is a torque monster and that is where the raptor excells.

Bean
03-17-2003, 02:28 PM
i watched a few races, and the raptor won 60% of them, mostly depended on starts, a KFX700 was also down there, and it was edging out the predator by about a bike, give or take depending on start, now, i also inspected the kfx, very nice bike, the predator is also nicely built, a few Z400's were down there also, one was piped, and it was quite a ways behind the bigger bikes, but that was on my side of the river, on different sides, bikes seem to speed up or slow down...