PDA

View Full Version : Standing on end?

jackrb100
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I am going to need to stand my 2006 up on its grab bar to go to a track soon. I have been told that they will let all the oil run out if I do it is that true? I will obviously be turning the fuel off

OTMTRX
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Nope not true. If you overfill the engine side some may come out of breather but if not you'll be fine.

2001400exrida
07-13-2012, 01:20 PM
make sure you let the machine sit for a few minutes after you set it down, that way your oil can settle.

OTMTRX - how are you and the best buds over on hq doing? still trying to take over the world by dissing all the other forums or did you guys grow out of that?

d3ktrix
07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Turn the fuel petcock off and drain the float bowl before u stand it up.
Any fuel in the float will drain down ur intake tube and into ur air filter. Washing off ur air filter oil.

2001400exrida
07-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Any fuel in the float will drain down ur intake tube and into ur air filter. Washing off ur air filter oil.

nice piece of misinformation there.

Definitely turn the petcock off, that's a no brainer, but i tip my quad up on end after ever ride and you're theory on the fuel coming back into the air filter is false. There is absolutely no reason to drain the bowl, it will be just fine.

do you seriously drain the bowl everytime you tip your quad up?

DnB_racing
07-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 2001400exrida

Definitely turn the petcock off, that's a no brainer, but i tip my quad up on end after ever ride and you're theory on the fuel coming back into the air filter is false. There is absolutely no reason to drain the bowl, it will be just fine.

do you seriously drain the bowl everytime you tip your quad up? I drain mine if im tipping the quad in an enclosed area or a nice finished trailer floor, some gas does drain out,usually the drain tube , but I could see it dripping from air filter, its possible,
and I belive it could cause some filter oil to wash

its not a bad idea to drain it???

like I said if im just tipping for a wash or a look underneath then no, I dont ....but should I to keep gas from getting into soil ...YES i should drain it every time,

its not bad advise, maybe a little overkill but environmentally correct

d3ktrix
07-14-2012, 09:39 AM

Gas 100% drains into the filter like I claimed.
I'm guessing u have the stock carb on ur 05 bike, maybe that one doesnt leak as much as the FCR's?

Every single time I stand by bike up, if I look at the bottom side of the air filter, it is wet from fuel.
It doesn't flood the air box or anything like that, but there is a significant amount wetting the filter.

2001400exrida
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
i lose what's in the bowl and it all comes right out the overflow as it should, no fuel ever makes it to my air filter. That's what the overflow is for.

i tip my quad up all the time likethis, have never had a problem.

DnB_racing
07-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by jackrb100
I am going to need to stand my 2006 up on its grab bar to go to a track soon. I have been told that they will let all the oil run out if I do it is that true? I will obviously be turning the fuel off make sure your oil breather tube is secured up under the fuel tank were it belongs,

if its hanging down then it would be possible for the oil to drain, but as long as its above the oil level there would be no way for it to drain

01boneless
07-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
yup be sure to do this^ ive had more then one soaked air filter

jackrb100
07-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the help.

OTMTRX
07-14-2012, 03:53 PM

vegasjeep
07-14-2012, 10:57 PM

You are a retard! Do you really own a bike?

wilkin250r
07-15-2012, 01:30 AM
What are you, a bunch of 1st graders?

This kinda stuff pisses me off to no end. We had a thread that might actually provide useful information, and instead it went right into the garbage.

Hey, Vegas. You're not going to last long here with that kind of attitude. Read rule #1 at the bottom of the page.