PDA

View Full Version : Magnum cams?

TN_423
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Any have any experience with these cams? I'm looking for a decent cam to pair with an 11:1 stock bore wiseco piston without having to upgrade my valve springs or anything. I was thinking stage 2 hotcam, but i've found one of these magnum cams that has about the same specs and is 40 bucks cheaper than most of the hotcams.

Stickman400
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM
The Magnum cams require hard faced rockers, so you're better off saving the money and putting it toward the Stage 2 Hot Cam.

chronicsmoke
07-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
The Magnum cams require hard faced rockers, so you're better off saving the money and putting it toward the Stage 2 Hot Cam.

Mine didn't require hard faced rockers.. I'm running a magnum in mine..

Stickman400
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Hmm, I thought pretty much all aftermarket cams required hard faced rockers other than the Hotcam. If it doesn't require hard faced rockers and you can get it for cheaper then go for it, magnum is a great cam.

TN_423
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Looks like mixed answers that i've found so far. I have found one for 100 bucks and most hotcams ive found are 130. The listing says it recommends upgrading rockers and springs, but some people i've seen from researching are saying its not actually required. The specs seem to be nearly identical between the two cams so I may just go for it, i'm just trying to keep all the reliability I can with my quad.