PDA

View Full Version : Are you HOT??? I AM !!

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Not literally... Well.. yes.. literally.. LOL :p

Is there anyone in the U.S thats not cooking there rump roasts off ?!
How hot has it been for you this week ?

116 here in Las Vegas ! :eek:

CJM
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Up until sunday it was easily 90F + outside and the humidity was something like 95%. It was HOT.

Now its much better, heatwave passed. But it was hot for like 2 weeks straight!

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I honestly don't know how are you guys deal with humidity. At least we have a dry heat but it still blazing hot.. I could never ever live in humidity.
Death valley is like 2 hrs away..125
Screw that too lol

Ruby Soho
07-10-2012, 07:17 PM
90 and humid here in florida today. used to it though, nothing out of the ordinary

crlt250r
07-10-2012, 07:28 PM
The thermometer on my truck read 105 the other day. Humidity is usually around 150-500000000000% too........

dxcody
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
the truck said 103 the other day.

Today wasnt bad. The only time i saw the temp was at 11 in the morning and it said 88.

Prolly about 95 or so was the high... and that seriously feels pretty good considering its been real close to 110 here lately and maybe out in the sun like 125 or 130.

Thats the only thing i dont like about it, is that sun just drains you.

beastlywarrior
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
mine said 106

CJM
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I honestly don't know how are you guys deal with humidity. At least we have a dry heat but it still blazing hot.. I could never ever live in humidity.
Death valley is like 2 hrs away..125
Screw that too lol

We dont deal with it well, I hate humidity. I swear for the past 2 weeks I stepped outside the sweat poured off of me. To top it off I work outside and my t-shirts were like towels they were so wet.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Well it looks like depending on the part of the city, temps topped at anywhere from 118-119 today.. tomorrow around 115 ,then a cooling of low 100's .
The only part Im not liking the most is no riding, aside of a race day because its too hot . If the next WORCS race has temps like this , I sure as hell am not going . :scary:
I took photos for 30 hours in 2010 in 112 degree weather and got very ill.

ben300
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
last week was terrible! it was hot and the humidity, especially saturday was extremely bad...

went for a 2 hour motorcycle ride both saturday and sunday...was drenched with sweat both rides...

today, the temps were in the mid 80's, humidity was lower...went for a ride again today for a short bit, wearing a cut off tshirt cause i thought it was warm...i actually got the chills at times!

finsteratv
07-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I was in puerto Rico last week and it was humid and 108! I feel sorry for you guys, nice 80 in Oregon

Tommy Warren
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
hit 104 here with humidity.. and we are in a drought.....yes I'm in canada:confused:

madskrillz2
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Hit 106 last week but it was dry heat. We usually have weather like a sauna. I'll take that dry heat over high 90's with humidity any day.

Stickman400
07-10-2012, 10:33 PM
It's been around 100 outside here in NE Missouri the last few days. But if you think you guys are hot trying working in a steel foundry in this kinda weather. It's literally 140+ back where I work with 100% humidity. You walk in to work and you start sweating your *** off, and you haven't even started working yet. It's ridicuous that OSHA approves working in that kinda ****.

D Bergstrom
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
It wasn't that bad here today. Well, wasn't bad sitting in my office all day with the AC cranked!

I am with you, I hate humdity. I can't stand it when Vegas gets to 105 and around 20% humidty, I couldn't imagine other places that are 100 degrees and 90% humidity. I will take a dry heat anytime!

Doug

quadrcr161
07-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
It's been around 100 outside here in NE Missouri the last few days. But if you think you guys are hot trying working in a steel foundry in this kinda weather. It's literally 140+ back where I work with 100% humidity. You walk in to work and you start sweating your *** off, and you haven't even started working yet. It's ridicuous that OSHA approves working in that kinda ****.

try being in central alabama and on top of a papermachine, its 140+ steam, i just crawled down from one of our machines and im soaking wet, and somehow havent lost any weight.

TacicalRedneck
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
humidity is normal. You go outside, you'll be soaked with sweat in no time! The rain helped a little, but we'll need a whole lot more!

Stickman400
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
There's a couple people on the burn rail that use cutting torches all day and one of them lost 10 lbs. in a couple days. The maintenance guys who had to go up in the ceiling to work a stacker crane took a laser theremometer up there and it read 200+.

quadrcr161
07-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
There's a couple people on the burn rail that use cutting torches all day and one of them lost 10 lbs. in a couple days. The maintenance guys who had to go up in the ceiling to work a stacker crane took a laser theremometer up there and it read 200+.

wasnt trying to outdo, just more of a i know how ya feel, your near melting steel. i do vibration analysis here which means we have to crawl around everything to get our data, and it can get hot, when i started i took a temp reading off my hard hat and it was 126 deg, its amazing how cool 90deg wind feels when you get next to an opening.

Stickman400
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh I wasn't either, just trying to say how bad other people have it where I work. I'm just driving around on a fork truck and I sweat my *** off. A couple other friends of mine are grain bin builders and they have to work on steel roofs for bins. That metal gets so hot you can't even stand on or around it for more than 1 minute before it's unbearable.

fastredrider44
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
We had 2 straight weeks of 100+ which is unusual for us, but it wasn't that bad compared to the 95 +100% humidity we normally have this time of year. So yeah, it was hot, but no big deal. We did have a drought going though. Over 2.5 months with less than an inch of rain. We finally got a little over the last couple of days though.

slightlybent47
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Anything over 100* is hot! It’s common down here in the south. You guys up north are just getting a taste of what we get every year. Try running a moto in this heat!
At least it gets cool at night up there, down here it can be 90* at 2 am.lol
Enjoy the heat!lol

JForestZ34
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Left for work the other day at 7:00am and the temp outside was already 82 degrees.

I'll take the hot vegas heat ANYDAY over the humid heat we get in jersey. With almost 100% humidity 90 degree weather feels like 105. Humidity is what zaps the energy out of ya when your working outside

James

CJM
07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Anything over 100* is hot! It’s common down here in the south. You guys up north are just getting a taste of what we get every year. Try running a moto in this heat!
Enjoy the heat!lol

It was still 90 at night with so much humidity it was sticky out.

madskrillz2
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Enjoy the heat!lol

Yeah it gets pretty sticky down here. I don't care what anybody says, you never get used to it. A few days ago before it really started raining the humidity was 93% and 94 degrees. When you walk outside it feels like you can't breathe and you just start sweating. I'll take that 100+ dry heat we had a few weeks ago over humidity any day.

Quad18star
07-11-2012, 08:07 PM
It's been pretty hot here also. We`ve had mid 90s with a lot of humidity. Working nearly a mile underground has been extremely hot with high humidity.

Tommy Warren
07-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I drive an air conditioned fuel truck....a/c and a office with a view:cool:

dxcody
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Haha you wanna talk about a beast...

Last year about this time, it was about 95 ish out and about 60% humidity, and i walked a local XC track with Don Ockerman (6.5 Miles).. I was soaked.. there wasnt a bead of sweat on that guy.

Guess thats what Brick Laying out in this weather will do.

Hes an animal.

slightlybent47
07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I will admit that it gets harder to deal with the older you get. Those that are not acclimated to it can have a hard time dealing with it.
Those that want to complain about how hard they have it should take a long look at those that work in the heat.
I drove a mack truck with no a/c for years; I put a thermometer on the dash one summer when we were having a heat wave. The thermometer only went to 140. It stayed pegged most of the time.lol
I worked at my step brother’s warehouse and in the walk in cooler it was 40 degrees. In the winter I would go in the cooler to warm up because it was 20 degrees outside.lol

I still take the heat over the cold though.

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 01:26 AM
I dont think anyone aclimates to 110+ degree weather. Lol!

Same with the cold. I used to work in -40 in alaska fishing boat when i was in my 20's and that royally sucked
im looking forward to a milder winter in Nevada. Im native to Idaho and so sick of the long winters. Ill take heat over cold too!

OldGuyonaQuad
07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I drive an air conditioned fuel truck....a/c and a office with a view:cool:
So.....Tommy Warren isn't hot?
Thanks for confirming the obvious buddy ;)

btw temps are back over 100 here today \o/

D Bergstrom
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Im native to Idaho and so sick of the long winters. Ill take heat over cold too!

Yep, best part about Vegas is winter. I think the warmest item of clothing I own is a sweatshirt. It can get a little chilly in December/January, but not bad at all. I am with you, heat over cold anyday, I hate the cold!! Would much rather have 115 then 15 anytime!

Doug

CJM
07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I drive an air conditioned service truck, but problem is I get out alot. So for the air to be blasting, then go back into the heat and back into the truck sucks. I rather drive with the windows down unless its so hot you sweat just standing there.

I also wear dickies work paints and shirts and work boots usually (swapped to sneakers this week cause its to hot!), they dont breathe all to well.

Ill also take cold to heat. You can always warm up or put on more layers-but there are only so many layers you can take off before being arrested.

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Yep, best part about Vegas is winter. I think the warmest item of clothing I own is a sweatshirt. It can get a little chilly in December/January, but not bad at all. I am with you, heat over cold anyday, I hate the cold!! Would much rather have 115 then 15 anytime!

Doug

I think it was back in 2010 we were there for a race at Primm and it actually WAS cold .I was so pissed. HAHA !
It was close to snow temps in Feb. I wish it would cool down just a TAD for a couple days, long enough to run out to Apex and tune my Sons carb before we leave for Cali race .

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I drive an air conditioned service truck, but problem is I get out alot. So for the air to be blasting, then go back into the heat and back into the truck sucks. I rather drive with the windows down unless its so hot you sweat just standing there.

I also wear dickies work paints and shirts and work boots usually (swapped to sneakers this week cause its to hot!), they dont breathe all to well.

Ill also take cold to heat. You can always warm up or put on more layers-but there are only so many layers you can take off before being arrested.
Thsi is a TOTALY random question and maybe weird. LOL...
My ole man drives truck too ,hes where its also very humid..

How do ya'll keep your feet dry when its that humid ? Thats been his big problem right now is staying dry . His feet are really bugging him .

Quad18star
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM

How do ya'll keep your feet dry when its that humid ? Thats been his big problem right now is staying dry . His feet are really bugging him .

Tell him to wear woolen socks ... I'm not joking either. It's what we wear underground and it helps to wick away the sweat.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lftmcsuxkW1qzpxkgo1_500.jpg

CJM
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM

3 things:

1. Change your socks and have a second pair of boots or shoes and wear them every other day so they actually dry.

2. Use gold bond or similar powder to absorb it-both in your socks and in the shoe. I actually use a powder called anti monkey but (seriously thats what i ts called lol) as it works better than gold bond.

3. Wear wool socks. Might sound counter intuitive since wool keeps you warm-but it also wicks moisture and keeps your feet dry better than cotton does.

And trust me, my feet sweat BADLY so I know.

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks. Ill tell him .

Quad18star
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks. Ill tell him .

If you can find a store that sells underground mining gear or even work wear, look for a product called Bama Socks. They're royal blue in color and they're made to wick away sweat from your feet. I used to wear them in my steel-toed rubber mining boots and at the end of the day they were soaked but my feet were dry. I hear a lot of hikers and skiers wear them during the winter to keep their feet dry.

http://www.replant.ca/reference/ch05/chapter05_files/image056.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Those dont get bunched up in your boots huh?

Yeah the poor guy with all the sweat he has battled athlete's feet for the past 9 months. He has boots that word actually I think too warm for his feet this winter since it was kind of more of a mild winter in North Dakota than the norm... since he's in and out of the truck his feet get hot in his boots.

Now he's in his composite toe styled hiker boots for summer and hes blistering sumthib fierce.
up in williston there isn't crap for stores. Right now they are lucky if they can even get a case of water at walmart because supplies or just completely ripped off the shelves

QuadJunkies
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
How much do those run in price? He works massive amt of hours per week so he might need a couple more pairs in just a few

Quad18star
07-13-2012, 10:52 AM
They're not expensive ... we pay about $20 a pair up here and no they don't bunch up. You need to buy a pair that fit snug.

slightlybent47
07-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Today it was 79 degrees because of all the rain. I worked for 30 minuets and because of the humidity I was soaking wet with sweet.lol
It just goes to show it doesn’t have to be 100 degrees to sweet your but off.