PDA

View Full Version : Ken Block San Francisco

Scro
07-09-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus

Just keep getting better.

BlaineKaiser450
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Thats amazing. I wish the Fiesta was really like an american version of the Wrx as they portray it to be... I'd buy one

Quad18star
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I just watched the video on YouTube and it's crazy how good of a driver he is. I particularily liked the part around the 7 minute mark (I think) where he lands sideways after catching some air and just keeps powering once he hits the ground.

muddy400EX
07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
that was awesome. its like what everybody dreams of (ripping a race car down city streets) except he actually gets to do it

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Ive watched it 3 times now .:p

absolutely SICK ...

XCRacer236
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
The only cool parts were with Travis and when he jumped sideways.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
The only cool parts were with Travis and when he jumped sideways.
WHHAA??? Are you crazy ?!! You must be kidding ...
that dude can DRIVE !! Those corners were off the chain ! :cool:

Ruby Soho
07-10-2012, 07:19 PM
no doubt its cool, and he can drive like no other.

but i cant help but hate on the cars he uses. yeah they're probly the best candidates for that type of stuff but i would not be caught dead driving one of those things. dont care how much power it makes.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i would not be caught dead driving one of those things. dont care how much power it makes.

I bet you would if you got a full ride like he does... ;)

muddy400EX
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
no doubt its cool, and he can drive like no other.

but i cant help but hate on the cars he uses. yeah they're probly the best candidates for that type of stuff but i would not be caught dead driving one of those things. dont care how much power it makes.

ummm why? im a muscle car guy through and through, but these rally cars are amazing. 500+ horsepower, awd,0-60 in under 2 seconds

if u would not drive one of these cars, then you are simply not a car guy

XCRacer236
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WHHAA??? Are you crazy ?!! You must be kidding ...
that dude can DRIVE !! Those corners were off the chain ! :cool:

Nothing that he hasn't done in the others.

I was extremely disappointed when he and Pastrana left Subaru. But like anything else, I'm sure they tightened up their budget and Ford opened theirs up. I am STOKED Pastrana is with Dodge though. The new Dart's are just flat out sick!

Anyone who wouldn't want to drive those cars is just plain dumb. Talk about doing anything you want it to!

quadrcr161
07-10-2012, 09:48 PM
How many go pros they use/destroy?

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
What happened to Pastrana being contracted to where he cant be on a bike whiles hes driving?

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Nothing that he hasn't done in the others.

I was extremely disappointed when he and Pastrana left Subaru. But like anything else, I'm sure they tightened up their budget and Ford opened theirs up. I am STOKED Pastrana is with Dodge though. The new Dart's are just flat out sick!

Anyone who wouldn't want to drive those cars is just plain dumb. Talk about doing anything you want it to!
i have to agree with Subaru. I personally loved the video.

XCRacer236
07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
What happened to Pastrana being contracted to where he cant be on a bike whiles hes driving?

That was the Subaru pansies, Dodge has faith he can be on one and not get hurt.. lol jk. I have no idea. Personally I always thought that was ridiculous.

bbender85
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone who wouldn't want to drive those cars is just plain dumb.

^that.

Ruby Soho
07-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ummm why? im a muscle car guy through and through, but these rally cars are amazing. 500+ horsepower, awd,0-60 in under 2 seconds

if u would not drive one of these cars, then you are simply not a car guy

if i knew somebody with one i would go beat on it for sure but own one? you can have it.

etccb
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
We went to Universal Studios last week so the kids have been watching Gym 4 over and over.
Mad skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btViXvIDsi0

brian76708
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Pshhhh that fiesta has nothing on the wagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY

MX MaNiAc 06
07-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I like when he lands one of the jumps and a gopro tumbles off. lol Not my favorite one but pretty sick!

CNC_guy
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I have never understood the "yo dog, I ain't drive no pansy car fo real shizzle" guy. English translation-"I won't drive that type of car under any circumstances"

My everyday driver right now is a used Prius I got on the cheap because of some cosmetic problems. I drive it like a normal car and average about 46mpg. My truck sits in the garage saving miles on it and saving money on gas to go towards other things.

As far as the car in the video...what average male wouldn't love a turn driving a car with that much HP that weighs so little. Sign me up!

BlaineKaiser450
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
If you are a guy into motorsports and wouldn't wanna drive that car you must be high, I just don't understand how thats possible. Sure, it might not have the looks of say a 69 Charger or a Chevelle, but it still is faster than any other car owned by anyone on this forum, with the exeption to a few modded drag cars. I know I'd drive it in a heartbeat.

honda400ex2003
07-14-2012, 10:15 AM
sweet vid, i finally got a chance to watch it after forgetting quite a few times.

:D
steve

fastrnrik
07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
That's an awesome video. That little car is bad a**. I'd love to drive that thing.

I have a question though.... I know nothing about drift cars, so maybe it's a dumb question, but is he able to modulate the amount of power to the front wheels on the fly? It some scenes it looks like most of the power is going to the rear wheels, but sometimes it's obvious all four wheels are pulling like crazy. I have read about some of the AWD cars being able to automatically shift power between front/rear, so I figured he must have a manual setup to do that?

muddy400EX
07-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
That's an awesome video. That little car is bad a**. I'd love to drive that thing.

I have a question though.... I know nothing about drift cars, so maybe it's a dumb question, but is he able to modulate the amount of power to the front wheels on the fly? It some scenes it looks like most of the power is going to the rear wheels, but sometimes it's obvious all four wheels are pulling like crazy. I have read about some of the AWD cars being able to automatically shift power between front/rear, so I figured he must have a manual setup to do that?

wouldnt suprise me if he could. those cars will do everything they want, but i guess thats why there $500,000 race cars

XCRacer236
07-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik

I would say yes. In the first couple shots of the cockpit see that board with all the switches and lights? that's probably what all that stuff is for. But that's just a guess.

Tommy Warren
07-15-2012, 10:41 AM
. The new Dart's are just flat out sick!

new darts are sick? they took a name from one of the greatest muscle cars and put it on a fancy dodge neon...not sick at all:grr:

XCRacer236
07-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
new darts are sick? they took a name from one of the greatest muscle cars and put it on a fancy dodge neon...not sick at all:grr:

Yes, I know the dodge Darts history. How's that different from the Charger, Challenger, Camaro?? The new Mustangs are the worst out of all of them too.

muddy400EX
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
they need more power, like a turbo'd 4 pushin around 300 horses. 160hp just isnt much:ermm:

Tommy Warren
07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, I know the dodge Darts history. How's that different from the Charger, Challenger, Camaro?? The new Mustangs are the worst out of all of them too.

the charger was a failure... but at least its rear wheel drive. the challenger is the best IMO it ads new technology and features to an old style classic. dodge, ford and chev all tried with the chellenger, camaro, and mustang...but dodge hit it out of the park

slightlybent47
07-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Sure he is a good driver, but you can see all the skid marks where he did some test runs before they shot the vid. They probably shot vid on all the runs and only used the best footage.

It is still a good vid though!

XCRacer236
07-16-2012, 12:04 AM
the charger was a failure... but at least its rear wheel drive. the challenger is the best IMO it ads new technology and features to an old style classic. dodge, ford and chev all tried with the chellenger, camaro, and mustang...but dodge hit it out of the park

exactly my point, chargers aren't supposed to be Sedans... gonna have to disagree on challenger part tho. I can't stand those things. Camaro all the way. and I'm a Dodge guy through and through.

muddy400EX
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Sure he is a good driver, but you can see all the skid marks where he did some test runs before they shot the vid. They probably shot vid on all the runs and only used the best footage.

It is still a good vid though!

well durr,haha. theres no way someone could do that stuff first try

CJM
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Out of all the news muscle cars the challenger looks the best, the mustang is the best setup and looks ok and the camaro is ugly as sin.

The dodge dart (sic neon) is a stupid idea, its basically the same idea as an srt-4 neon which also was a flop.

Dare I be different, but Id take the new turbo taurus over most stuff these days.

muddy400EX
07-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Out of all the news muscle cars the challenger looks the best, the mustang is the best setup and looks ok and the camaro is ugly as sin.

The dodge dart (sic neon) is a stupid idea, its basically the same idea as an srt-4 neon which also was a flop.

Dare I be different, but Id take the new turbo taurus over most stuff these days.

i like the camaro looks the best out of all the new stuff, but really like the challenger

but it still dont catch my eye like a '69 camaro or '70 chevelle would:cool:

tbrackman84
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM

x2 for me, the challengers are defintley the sweetest of the three