PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Lquad71
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Assume all riding speed is race speed.

I develop blisters after 1+ hours of riding.

I dont get blisters no matter how long I ride.

I get blisters before an hour of riding.

CJM
07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I chose
I dont get blisters no matter how long I ride

I would assume the reason is because I work with my hands and they are tough and calloused already.

quad2xtreme
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I rode 1 hr 43 minutes in a race recently with no blisters. I would have blisters if I only wore mx gloves. I use the kevlar glove liners with the fingers and thumb cut off about 1/2" down from where the skin connects your fingers together. I clip the thumb off just behind the thumb nail so the thumb joint is still covered.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-09-2012, 01:56 PM
No blisters here. Never used to get them since I started riding either. I use Oury grips and regular gloves.

finsteratv
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Normal gloves on pillow tops I just callouse

blaster99
07-10-2012, 05:57 AM
I never got blisters until this year. Very annoying. Put some baby powder in your gloves before you ride and problem solved.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 03:41 PM
dont wear gloves. Ends trapped sweat and blisters.
I know its a gamble on hand saftey to many.. but honestly, my Husband never blisters now when he rides .
We have a Pro Rider over here that races bare handed also .

CJM
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
dont wear gloves. Ends trapped sweat and blisters.
I know its a gamble on hand saftey to many.. but honestly, my Husband never blisters now when he rides .
We have a Pro Rider over here that races bare handed also .

I used to ride barehanded but beat up my hands on various stuff that would hit them as I passed by it (mainly branches on tight trails) and my hands got disgustingly dirty form riding in the sand pits.

I do wear plain jane mechanix gloves tho, riding gloves suck and wear out way to fast no matter what brand I buy and they are 2-3x as $$$ as mechanix gloves.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I used to ride barehanded but beat up my hands on various stuff that would hit them as I passed by it (mainly branches on tight trails) and my hands got disgustingly dirty form riding in the sand pits.

I do wear plain jane mechanix gloves tho, riding gloves suck and wear out way to fast no matter what brand I buy and they are 2-3x as $$$ as mechanix gloves.

Yeah, thats why I mentioned a gamble. We dont have trees here in Las Vegas .but rocks dont always feel good either . LOL
:p

I never wear mine at the dunes or desert trails . Keeping hands dry is a huge part of blistering and a good fitting pair of gloves.

I have to say though for us , HUGE difference in blisters when we went to ODI grips . We have had them all and this worked the best for us .

CJM
07-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Funny you mention ODI grips, same grips I run and been SUPER happy with them. my last set was at least a good year old of constant riding before they started to wear.

Tommy Warren
07-10-2012, 08:53 PM
got good gloves and the faast bars seem to help