PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Noobie Help!

kodybarrett4
07-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Just recently I have got back into ATV's after 10 years or so...picked up a 1997 300ex that has numerous mods etc...bought for $500 bucks...When I picked the ATV up the guy fired the motor off of ether say "the carb and tank will need to be cleaned " I did not ride it, he just showed me it will fire, got the bike home cleaned everything throughly, new spark plug, battery etc... First thing i did was check for spark when putting it back together, it was perfectly fine on new plug, went ahead and assembled tank, carb rest of front end....left rear plastics off... fired it with choke on started right up :) let it idle for about 5-10 minutes and went on with putting the front plastics on...the handle bar switch is tore out of it the only remaining connected switches are the light on and off and the dimmer....no start button or run switch...i need to order one i know or try to reassemble it...anyways got it out of my truck last night to run it around the yard....no spark plug was soaked...wont get a little spark or anything could one of the wires grounded the circuit out after i installed new battery, is the plug just fouled from being wet? i don't know where to start...i removed all the harness from the bike and have begun cleaning it up, i have no idea as far as throwing parts at it where to start..i have not even got to ride it yet due to my awesome luck any help would be of help thanks in advance...!!!

TheLane
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
What was the spark plug soaked in??? Oil?

If so youve got a leak somewhere inside the head.