PDA

View Full Version : Ported cylinder

fast shee
07-07-2012, 06:48 AM
My son is wanting more power out of his stock engine liquid 90. Trying to weigh out porting his current stock cylinder, buy a used already ported stock cylinder or wait it out till end of season and build a engine with alum. Cyl and beefed up crank. Not sure of how much power can be pulled out of the stock cylinder.

fast shee
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobody???

selbygirl
07-09-2012, 07:32 PM
try a diferant pipe thats a easy bolt on horsepower and a pvl it will give bike a quike response on take off

fast shee
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Already running a hetrick gen2 pipe. The pvl ignition would be a great imprvement but just thinking of a good ported stock cylinder but not sure how much more more power you can get from porting a stock cylinder or is it a waste of money and just go for one of the big name jugs.

selbygirl
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
a pvl will wake it up , be carefull on porting you may lose horse power . and most porting will only give you a horse or 2 . maybe a difernt pipe jugs and pipes are like a married couple. and whats your squash , i would contact some one like marc at hotquads hes a pretty good marriage counselor i mean engine builder ,,take care tommy

ecmini1
07-11-2012, 07:10 PM
you can get good bit more power out of your stock by porting BUT it need to match clutch and pipe set up. As long as your cylinder is still in good shape it will give you some more power.

fast shee
07-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Thats why i was thinking of buying a good used ported stock cylinder done by a engine builder with a good reputation. Cylinder porting does go hand in hand with the pipe for power delivery and clutch setup which is something to play with aswell.

Team-Ty
07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Tommy Alley at TA porting is one of the best I would have to say www.taporting.com