PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Intake System?

cheater13
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Anyone have any experience with these? How much different will this be from running a UNI filter with no lid?

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/cheater13_photos/cb40607a.jpg

JOHNDOE83
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
It helps ALOT actually.

I have a custom made one on my EX motor.

you can get the same thing with the stock airbox, all you have to do is remove it "the air box" from your intake tube.

Its literally just pressed in and you can pop it right out, leave your snorkel and ziptie it to the frame for support and your ready to ride.

That intake you posted is really nice, but you can do the exact same thing for free with stock stuff or build one yourself just by going to home depot or lowes.

I ran open filter like that through rough trails, dusty tracks, and wet dirt roads with no problems, just keep it clean and try NOT to get it wet and make sure you oil it well.

b0rn c0nfused
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Bet that would work great if you have a gtthunder linkage so you don't break your airbox.

AtvKid4Eva
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
performance wise i doubt it makes a difference. It does help with clearance by removing the airbox. Id say unless you have an EXTREMELY built motor, you wont notice any gains.

cheater13
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks guys. I'll pick this up if I have the money but if I did do something like this would I have to rejet or would I be fine since it's jetted without a lid now?

I was just thinking of either buying this/making it and putting my UNI filter on it and just get a prefilter to help with dirt and dust.

But John, where would I attach my filter if I do what you said? I thought the filter was clamped onto the inside of the box so if you remove the airbox, then would there be a place to clamp the filter still?

JOHNDOE83
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
its not clamped to the airbox, its actually clamped to the rubber intake boot itself.

trust me it pops right out and right back in if you ever want a airbox.

as far as jetting, it wont be to far off from what you currently have, so dont worry about it until you can buy a few jets to test out.

what it does is create mass airflow, instead of having to suck air into a box, it can suck air from any and all directions creating better mid to upper rpm power.

cheater13
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
its not clamped to the airbox, its actually clamped to the rubber intake boot itself.

trust me it pops right out and right back in if you ever want a airbox.

as far as jetting, it wont be to far off from what you currently have, so dont worry about it until you can buy a few jets to test out.

what it does is create mass airflow, instead of having to suck air into a box, it can suck air from any and all directions creating better mid to upper rpm power.
Alright that will work out good then! I'll probably just do that since it's free and put that money towards an aluminum oil tank to keep it alittle cooler or an aluminum airbox. Would it benefit me taking the snorkel off and blocking it off? I saw that somewhere in the forums but I wasn't sure of it. And would taking the airbox off create any noticeable power since its sucking in more air?

JOHNDOE83
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Take 10 mins to go out and take it off and take it for a ride and see if its noticeable or not...:devil:

some people may notice it and others may not, track times and what you beat at the track are what really counts in the end.

cheater13
07-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Haha yes I agree! I'll do that when I get time but I'll have to post the results later next week cause of work. I'll have to do some research on that snorkel too cause if it helps with any power by removing it, it's comin off! :D