PDA

View Full Version : think I got boned

flooringit
07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Went on a 5hour trip to buy a apex, kid blew it up, long story so now ive rebuilt the motor but ive notcied a few things that dont seem right,
Its suppose to be a 06 but,the sprocket isnt held on with a nut but with a washer the locks and 2 small bolts. I went to change tranny fluid was no drain plug in it,lol that made me start lookin, he gave me a box of parts and one was a shaft that holds on the clutch. so i put in a new drain bolt poured in fluid all leaked out. guy used his old gasket,
then the rear caliper locked up right before he blew it up, so I bought one from the parts forum, got his and it was red and the mou ting bolts were further apart, and the piston side brake pad was bigger then mine, I have a gold caliper. all worked out I just changed the moutning brakcet, but the rotor was cupped, which I noticed when the caliper frooze so i bought one of those also, I out new one on and it was wanting to cup, looks like he changed the caliper at some point didnt get the spacers right i used a bigger set and all is well, or seems to be,lol
Did i buy a frankenstein bike that guy has bought parts from other quads and put on here?
seems like the sprocket shaft isnt right, he also siliconed the sprocket on the shaft, the quad looked new when i got it but apparently its had a motor issue or 3.any help would be nice , i need a new spocket on front, got to figure out what its off, it seems to be same as my old 2009 ds 90

Logan #34's Dad
07-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Sounds like its got Eton front sprocket.

scanno
07-05-2012, 07:07 AM
I was told the bike I bought had kasea gears

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff439/scanno11/2328c7bc.jpg

flooringit
07-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Yep that's the one i have. Is there something behind the gear? Something that stops to from sliding around? Or is the plate that bolts to the sprocket suppose to stop it from moving?

scanno
07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Nothing behind the gear it is setup like a honda dirtbike the sprocket slides on then the clip slides on but the clip has to be turned half the spline before you can put the bolts in

flooringit
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok thanks that's what I figured. Still can't figure out why the guy siliconed it all together

chunky0071
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
he put it on to keep it from rocking back and forth as you are on and off the throtle we use red lock tight on our sprockets like that! So now you know.

flooringit
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok thanks. I jus looked at the extra parts he gave me and has the apex shaft. No nut or spacer but has the 19 sprocket and shaft.

selbygirl
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
the tranny seal maybe leaking also on the sprocket shaft seal . ive used gasket seal on my shaft in case if oil leaked out off the tranny it wouldent get on the slipper sprocket. i would check your needle bearing in the tranny make shore there still good if there was no oil in there im shore they got hot

mmsoup
07-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Call Jerry Moore at kaseaparts.com for the output shaft and the outside set plate. You can go to the site and get a parts explosion as well.

Call Rebel gears in TN for the countersprockets

You have a C Clip on the outside of the sealed bearing that holds the shaft in place

There is a seal inside of the sealed bearing

You can get a countersprocket from Jerry but he only stocks 18 tooth fronts.

You need to be very careful when ordering from Rebel to identify the proper part number

On the caliper, the red was always an Apex rear caliper on our quads, we had a 07 and a 10

We have always used the Kasea/E-Ton shafts because the are quick change