PDA

View Full Version : drr questions

flint250trx
07-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I just bought my boy a mint air cooled drr 50. I have heard rumors that there are kits out there to convert them over to a luquid cooled. is this true? Also i am goin to be building it this winter for mx racing. I am wondering the besf place to buy parts for these bikes.

thanks a lot

josh

RCR_531
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I just did this for a guy. I have not seen a kit to do this but I am sure that Gforce and the other dealers on here would put something together. The best bet is to buy used because it was over 700.00 in parts at retail. You will need the water pump/housing,water pump drives,hoses,radiator,radiator brackets,lc cylinder, over flow bottle and block off plate oil injection area. I am sure that there are acouple other thins that i might of over looked but this list will get you a good start

desratt
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Get a good cylinder while your at it. And don't waste money on an overflow bottle.

Team-Ty
07-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Well why not use the electric water pump out there. It will be close to the same cost wise. Radiator can be anything that will fit up front like 450r or a shifter kart.

RCR_531
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Most exhausts on mini quads make you cut the battery box out but I did find a small battery to fit in the tool spot. Not sure if it would run a electric water pump long enough. I know Gforce was testing this last year but i have not heard anymore about it. Also taking the stater off you lose your charging for the battery. It is a good idea just needs some more looking into

Team-Ty
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
There are a few places online that you can buy loose cells to make your own battery packs. I used 3300 mah batteries. They last a full day of racing. Packs cost around $25 each. There is a kit to switch over to liquid pm me if ya need a price. Believe the kit comes with everything except radiator.

selbygirl
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
there should be a way to use your pvl to produce power for a eletric water pump ,, the cobra quads with the power valve is produceing power from the pvl . is your mint 50 single a arm , or duel a-arm if it is single i woudnt dump eny money in it

Team-Ty
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Polini is the only PVL I know of that has a lighting coil on it for lights and other 12V things you might want to hook up.

Joemartin17
08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
My son ran a single A arm air cooled 50 for 2 seasons in the NEATV series against a bunch of dual A arm liquid cooled bikes. Never dumped a dime into that thing and he always ran strong. dont dump any money till you see how he takes to it