PDA

View Full Version : LSR nolink swingarm question

koh0001
07-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I have a LSR crf nolink quad and I'm looking for a new swingarm. Can u run any nolink swinger? Does The shock measurement stay the same? I guess the only difference I see in my 250r, and my crf is how it bolts up at the pivot bolt. Not that many trx450 nolink swingarms....

Motofool250r
07-05-2012, 05:52 AM
all the no-link setups were not the same honestly ranging from 17" shocks to 19" shocks

hontrx265r
07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
koh.. You need to have a lsr dc4 no link for that frame. Honestly if you call lsr they will probably make you a new one pretty cheap if you tell them why you need a new one.. ie. cause its broken/fatigued whatever.. Or you can try contacting pinit (Jody) if he is set back up he may be able to help also.

The problem with trying to retro fit is the lengths and stuff are different. For instance to make up 89 stock total length of bike.. the dc4 on a hybrid is actually 1" longer because the pivot is moved forward. So if someone sold you a "stock length" for a 250r you would end up -1 not to mention the suspension points would be way off. Hope this helps.

koh0001
07-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks, I'll give them a call.

D Bergstrom
07-06-2012, 08:22 AM
hontrx265r pretty much summed it up, best bet is to use a DC4 so you can use a standard shock. I am sure other swingarms would work, but a standard shock may or may not with that swingarm, you would have to measure everything once you got the swingarm to check what length shock you would need. Will be much easier to just get a DC4.

LSR does still make DC4 swingarms, I got one from them end of last year. They don't stock them, so it wil take a few weeks to build. From what I was told when they ordered mine, they can make them in any length you want. Don't remember exactly, but I believe mine was in the mid $700 range.

Doug