PDA

View Full Version : Crank and top end question

brysn424
07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Just wanting to get a few opinions on a 50 setup. It's actually going in an a/c sky hawk 50. I'm wanting to do a crank and top end. What would some good setups be. And what else should be done to assure I get max performance out the bike? ( besides clutch work)

Team-Ty
07-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I would get a new aluminum top end kit with a decent crank. I have a red stuffer crank that is used which is a decent crank. If you are going to build it crazy then I would step up to the motoforce evo crank. I have that in my 50 and have never had any problems. Once you start to build the bike everything has to step up like reeds, carb, intake, etc. I would honestly come up with a figure that you want to spend and build the motor to that. Just my opinion. Need help with anything please pm me.

nitrofish
07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
We went with a stock DRR Aluminum set-up with a bit of porting done by Hetrick, stock crank, PVL and a good pipe. Very affordable, easy to tune and very reliable. Quad hangs with some of the faster bikes, kid just has to hang it out a bit harder. Matt.

RCR_531
07-04-2012, 07:07 PM
DRR R cylinder is very good and with the spacer to run a 85 rod will really wake it up.

Team-Ty
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
A/C means air cooled not liquid cooled....just saying.

nitrofish
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Yup! My bad, missed the a/c part. Airsal makes a nice kit. Tell ya what, if you want to go this way I have a few with minimal time on them. You pay the shipping and you can have one. Let me know and I can dig it out. Matt.

brysn424
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Yea. I'd love to try one out. Send me ur PayPal info.

nastynotchback1
07-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I bought a bike with a stage 6 topend and crank in it.It ran well but i don't know if they make a a/c cylinder.Malossi does or did and it works great also.

nitrofish
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by brysn424
Yea. I'd love to try one out. Send me ur PayPal info.

It is a stage 6 A/C top end, my bad. My brain hurts, been workin' power outages since we got back from Sunday Creek. We may want to check the availability of parts for the S6. I have not checked in a while,they seem to have dwindled down on the A/C stuff. I would like to see you stick a new ring in it, I will check my parts when I get back home. May be late, more storms today. :mad:

brysn424
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Ok. Sounds good to me. We got hit by the storms too. No power for 4 days. Thanks for getting it back on. Lol

nitrofish
07-06-2012, 07:14 AM
PM me your address and I will try and getting it shipped out to you this weekend, if not Monday will be the soonest. We are still swamped over here. In the mean time contact some of the shops on here Hetrick, Gforce, etc and see if they have a ring and piston clips for this set-up. Gforce is where I bought it, but I do not see it on his sight anymore. Stock A/C DRR gaskets will work. Thanks, Matt.

nitrofish
07-08-2012, 09:52 AM
shipped out, check your PM.

brysn424
07-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks Matt!!!! Got the cylinder today. It looks brand new!!!! Hey. I found the s6 gaskets and rings. But it's asking me if it's a sport pro. Or a racing or a r/t o rings?? Which should I buy?and it's asking the same thing about the ring. This is on gforces site btw. Thanks again Matt!!

nitrofish
07-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by brysn424
Thanks Matt!!!! Got the cylinder today. It looks brand new!!!! Hey. I found the s6 gaskets and rings. But it's asking me if it's a sport pro. Or a racing or a r/t o rings?? Which should I buy?and it's asking the same thing about the ring. This is on gforces site btw. Thanks again Matt!!

I pulled my old invoice here is the part #,

Cyl Kit 40mm S6 Race AC
S6-Cylinder KitS6-7016600/A

brysn424
07-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Awesome. Hey check your pm box. Thanks again Matt!!!!!!