PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship woes

sangheraent
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Iv heard about sponsors before and I never really raced that seriously so I didn't care so much. Well this year I decided to race in a couple of series and picked up some coupon sponsors mostly stuff I was going to buy anyway so I could save some money. Usually I just buy closeouts and used stuff but this year I wanted to step it up.

Well I have been getting the short end of the stick the whole season 2 things I ordered in march have not come in, one company raped me on shipping so bad that it would have been cheaper to buy the item from RMATV.

The worst part of it is that I feel like I can't get mad and yell at them because they are giving me a discount. I am usually a very demanding customer I expect my items to arrive on a set date and be what they are supposed to be but I feel like I am limited with this.

I know from now on I definetly will not presue sponsorship unless they are giving me something 100% free. (1% chance of that ever happening)

01boneless
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
those hookit sponcers or whatever dont really help much maybe like 10-40% off but even with that you can find the parts cheaper without even buying strait from them. best sponcers are the local shops that will help you out and give you real discounts.

sangheraent
07-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I agree, there arn't any local shops around here that even know what a honda 250r is. and none that are in good enough shape to sponsor anyone.

But ya 2 of my sponsors have been great prices have been very good. but 3 of them have been getting on my nerves and 2 of those 3 have still given me great prices just ruined my season.