PDA

View Full Version : a request from the "wee one"

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 02:44 PM
My sons B-day is just around the corner and he has asked me to make him a set of graphics.So, I was thinking about doing him a set of flames,but not your traditional red and yellow ones.(i like a more unique and original one;) )anyhow,what would you all think of yellow and dk. blue fading for flames? maybe a flaming skull or a flaminig skull riding a quad with flames shooting off it?here area couple pics of the mini ,any imput would be great..Thanks..

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 02:46 PM
:cool:

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention... he also wants a "monster Jam" PS2game..any ideas where I go to find one?

DGR Designs
03-07-2003, 02:52 PM
try electronics boutique QJ. thats where i get all my gaming stuff

Glow Plug
03-07-2003, 02:52 PM
i would have the skull starting at the part where the e-ton ends like on the left side of the 1st pick and then have flames going onto the seat cover :D most likely look pretty bad didn't really think about it and i don't really have a imagaination, i haven't heard of that game sorry i coudln't help more but try like wal mart, and video game stores

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
i would have the skull starting at the part where the e-ton ends like on the left side of the 1st pick and then have flames going onto the seat cover :D most likely look pretty bad didn't really think about it and i don't really have a imagaination, i haven't heard of that game sorry i coudln't help more but try like wal mart, and video game stores ITs a monster truck game.. You think USHRA maybe? DGR you have there web site addy? So do you think the color scheme would be good? how about the design? THink would be very cool for a 6yr old?:confused: :blah

Rip_Tear
03-07-2003, 03:46 PM
The dark blue flames sound good :D

www.ebgames.com

It is a very good place for games/computer stuff :D

D-4our
03-07-2003, 04:00 PM
dark blue and kx green would look good.

QuadJunkies
03-08-2003, 10:11 AM
bumpity bump bump..:D

03-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Some darker blue metallic flames

NDrider
03-08-2003, 10:57 AM
How good would yellow flames on yellow plastic look?

NDrider
03-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Something like this might work better for a 6 year old.

NDrider
03-08-2003, 11:20 AM
or.....

NDrider
03-08-2003, 11:25 AM
more....

QuadJunkies
03-09-2003, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NDrider
more.... [/QUOTE those are some cool ideas:D we already have one mini with the patriotic look heres a pic of it,(if I can get the darn thing to post:rolleyes: )

QuadJunkies
03-09-2003, 10:17 AM
As for yeloow flames, the yellow would be inside of a dk blue flame and maybe a touch of orange all colors will "fade" into each other,I sure wish I could figure out my paint program to show you..:( another pic..:)

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:24 AM
You do all ur own graphics? They look good. Start a side business.......

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by zroost
You do all ur own graphics? They look good. Start a side business....... I come up with the design, then haveaa shop size them and put it all together for me, but my designs..:cool: Thanks..;)

ThorChick
03-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Tina ~ How much does it cost you to get your graphics done? I really want to get some done for mine, but was wondering about how much it might cost me. Maybe if I payed you and gave you the colors I want, you could do them. Hehehe, j/k.
Thanks, Kacy

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Tina ~ How much does it cost you to get your graphics done? I really want to get some done for mine, but was wondering about how much it might cost me. Maybe if I payed you and gave you the colors I want, you could do them. Hehehe, j/k.
Thanks, Kacy Kacy, the cost is a bit more,because its something that isnt "mass produced" so its gonna set you back a good 100.00 or more, the nice part is, your gonna get alot better grade of vinyl and they will last alot longer and they will be your own,no one will have a set like them.;) If you have an idea what you want ,but dont know how work with it, just tell the graphics people, they should have books with patterns you can work with and throw on the computer ..Just go around and get estimates and make sure they use a good vinyl(maybe one they use on racecarsor a convex material) If I had the money for the machinery(and the brains to run programs) I think this would be a very cool side job...;)

2fastandfurious
03-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Dragons up in the front, maybe flames going from them to cover the mid and back of quad...................... jsut my $.02
-Ben

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Dragons up in the front, maybe flames going from them to cover the mid and back of quad...................... jsut my $.02
-Ben now thats weird...:huh thats what I wanted to put on the 400ex:eek2: ;) but maybe good idea for the mini instead..:cool:

dirtmomma
03-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Hey QJ for the video game try ebays half.com I usually get some good deals on there for games & they have a ton of them used & new!!! Good luck & good job on the art work, my brother designs his own T-shirts & makes them he's a very good artist also, now you got me thinkin I maybe should have him design my stuff for my quad(300EX) if I ever get it LOL.

JLanphear
03-11-2003, 11:36 AM
For those looking for some sweet vinyl deals check out www.afterfxstreetdesign.com .

He's got some sweet prices, even if you are only having 1 set of graphics done. I bet it will be under $20 for most anything you can come up with.

You won't see much for quad graphics at his site, but send him and email at sales@afterfxstreetdesign.com and he'll hook you up.

Tell him the CVBz sent ya...lol.

-Josh

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
For those looking for some sweet vinyl deals check out www.afterfxstreetdesign.com .

He's got some sweet prices, even if you are only having 1 set of graphics done. I bet it will be under $20 for most anything you can come up with.

You won't see much for quad graphics at his site, but send him and email at sales@afterfxstreetdesign.com and he'll hook you up.

Tell him the CVBz sent ya...lol.

-Josh Thanks for the info!!;) convex material tends to be pretty spendy,so anywhere I can get a break on a price is great:) .....

JLanphear
03-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, this guy is a great guy...really easy to deal with...He also does custom work so if you tell him what you want and give him the measurements he can design it for you also...The price will be cheap...trust me.

Hope this helps, your kids quad is going to look great.

-Josh