PDA

View Full Version : trx 400ex help

shimpakz
07-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Hello all im new to atvsriders anyway i picked up a99 trx400ex anyway i got this in pieces from someone elses pipe dream,i just need to bs with someone and pick your brain a little as im not familiar with a few things about it,any help will be much appreciated

rocky_mtn_honda
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Mayve you should tell us more about the bike and maybe ask some specific questions...just sayin.

shimpakz
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I picked up a basket case andjust want to figure all the parts im missing?

shimpakz
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by rocky_mtn_honda
Mayve you should tell us more about the bike and maybe ask some specific questions...just sayin. maybe you should of read my other posts before your two cents

b0rn c0nfused
07-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by shimpakz
maybe you should of read my other posts before your two cents
Maybe you should think about what you post. How are we suppose to tell you what you are missing if we don't know what you have?

rocky_mtn_honda
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Which one? The one asking for a manual without telling us what year your bike is. What makes you think that someone is going to help you and have to track down your bikes info from one of your other 3 posts...I'm just not entirely sure your familiar with how forums like this work. I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to help. Good luck, because I've lost interest. Learn to use the online microfiches on any dealers or parts houses website and inventory everything you have.

shimpakz
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Which one? The one asking for a manual without telling us what year your bike is. What makes you think that someone is going to help you and have to track down your bikes info from one of your other 3 posts...I'm just not entirely sure your familiar with how forums like this work. I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to help. Good luck, because I've lost interest. Learn to use the online microfiches on any dealers or parts houses website and inventory everything you have. glad i dont know ya from what i can tell im a little older than ya,hey dude get a life ill go back to my polaris club gladly,MADE BY AMERICANS NOT JAPS

Drfat400ex
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
glad i dont know ya from what i can tell im a little older than ya,hey dude get a life ill go back to my polaris club gladly,MADE BY AMERICANS NOT JAPS *Mexicans... Probably not going to make many friends on this site dissing the Japaneese bikes.

Drfat400ex
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Well not Mexico maybe, new can-ams are made in mexico, the preditor I belive is made in Taiwan. Either way, I wouldn't bash on the japs, I've got two hondas that I beat the hell out of and my dad has two polaris' that never get used and get maintained a lot better, and guess which ones are always broken?

JOHNDOE83
07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Mayve you should tell us more about the bike and maybe ask some specific questions...just sayin.

I picked up a basket case andjust want to figure all the parts im missing?

glad i dont know ya from what i can tell im a little older than ya,hey dude get a life ill go back to my polaris club gladly,MADE BY AMERICANS NOT JAPS

OK.

First off you havent told us anything other then your missing parts.

Im missing parts on my basket case doesnt really mean anything.

We need pictures or atleast tell us where your missing parts like the motor, frame, bolts, blinker fluid, did you use air or helium in your tires......we dont know if you dont tell us.

Is everything there but the motors apart?

What year is it?

How much did you pay for it?

Why are tires round, I think squares or hexagons would be better for a smoother ride.

Polaris sucks, thats why you bought a 400ex.

NOTHING is made in America, it may be assembled here but is not made here.

Drfat400ex
07-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
OK.

First off you havent told us anything other then your missing parts.

Im missing parts on my basket case doesnt really mean anything.

We need pictures or atleast tell us where your missing parts like the motor, frame, bolts, blinker fluid, did you use air or helium in your tires......we dont know if you dont tell us.

Is everything there but the motors apart?

What year is it?

How much did you pay for it?

Why are tires round, I think squares or hexagons would be better for a smoother ride.

Polaris sucks, thats why you bought a 400ex.

NOTHING is made in America, it may be assembled here but is not made here.

I use triangles filled with a 60/40 blend of nitrogen and sand. That sand, it's made in emurica!!!!

JOHNDOE83
07-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
I use triangles filled with a 60/40 blend of nitrogen and sand. That sand, it's made in emurica!!!!

I like your style....:bandit:

Rohr397
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I think what this guy needs to do to his 400ex is put some powerbands on it and adjust the canooter valve to 25psi per lb of aluminum in cubic feet to the fifth.

BeefySTi
07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
how is this dude supposed to come ask people for help, and in the next breath, insult those same people. I say if you are gonna act like that, go fix it your own d*** self. otherwise play nice.