PDA

View Full Version : Making Standard Travel arms long travel

njquadracer54
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
ok guys i have a fully mx built 04, and i have a set of burgard plus 3 standard travel a arms with a fresh pc etc with a set of elka elite standard travel shocks, i was wondering if i could get the shock mounts on the a arms cut and flipped around and then punch the shocks out to 19.5 inches , i know the shocks will be not a problem because ive done this before but if i did cut and re weld those mounts could that work? any help appreciated

01boneless
07-01-2012, 08:32 PM
anythings possible , but it would be easier to just sell those and get long travel a-arms

deathman53
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
keep in mind, long travel a-arms and shocks aren't longer travel. The travel between standard and long travel are nearly the same. Where "long shock or long body", what long travel used to be called, shines is in the valving and how it can perform when it starts getting hot. Long body/shocks hold more oil and more gas, so it takes longer to heat up and tend to fade less. You can valve them much easier also. Most people, will never notice any difference from long and standard length shocks, that is unless you are a pro rider/racer and really really ride hard.