PDA

View Full Version : Alba Pro-Peg Question

Drfat400ex
06-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Been thinking about getting these because I'm sick of my pro-armor's always breaking and they're all dinged up, and of course the stock heel guards are junk. Anyways I need somebody who has the pro-pegs to do me a huge favor, with them mounted normally on the quad if somebody could measure the furthest left part on the left nerf to the furthest point on the right nerf right across the bottom of the quad that would be amazing. I ride a lot of tight trails pretty fast and if these are a lot wider than my pro-armor's I'm not going to get them because they would be trashed in a week. Hopefully I don't sound like an idiot and everybody understands what I mean haha. I'll put up a picture of the nerfs I'm talking about. Thanks guys!

dxcody
06-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I had them, and they didnt stick out any further than my front width.

CJM has the Tusk ones which are identical.

Drfat400ex
06-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Well that will do for me because my PA's are an inch an a half past front width and that's about +1 with my shocks. Thanks man!

CJM
06-30-2012, 10:19 PM
One big difference to the tusk vs alba. The alba fronts bolt on with the mounts, on the tusks the mounts are welded on. The tusk ones are better int his way as I have heard/seen the albas mounts come off.

300exBorg
07-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I have the Albas and they are awesome so far. I agree with CJM tho about the mounts. I am not much of a fan of how they mount to the front motor mounts. But I do make sure they are tight every other ride or so just to make sure. I tend to go around my whole bike and tighten up things anyway so it has not been an issue for me. Overall though I would say those Alba/Tusk pro peg nerfs are absolutely awesome for the money.

Drfat400ex
07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll hopefully be ordering them next week or so. Can't wait to get them, getting really sick of these busted up pro-armor's.

chronicsmoke
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I switched from Albas to Pro Armours. The PAs are mounted better with the tube that goes through the frame(mine have built in monster pegs), It keeps them from flexxing too much. I founf the albas flexxed like a half inch when you set on the outside of the pegs, and they are only held on my one bolt each side on the front.. IMO I'd fix the PA's, add some larger pegs and save some coin

Drfat400ex
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
I switched from Albas to Pro Armours. The PAs are mounted better with the tube that goes through the frame(mine have built in monster pegs), It keeps them from flexxing too much. I founf the albas flexxed like a half inch when you set on the outside of the pegs, and they are only held on my one bolt each side on the front.. IMO I'd fix the PA's, add some larger pegs and save some coin That's how my PA's mount, they have the tube then the one mount on each side underneath, I've had nothing but problems with them, really I'm interested in the heal guards, but if I was going to get that and big pegs I'd probably be just as much money as getting these. And the PA's look like crap because one got hit really hard and it's all disformed.

hondanator
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
i just put the tusks on my 05 last week and love them

Drfat400ex
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah I'm buying the tusks for sure, because it sounds like the alba's mount the same as my PA's and IMO the way they mount is a really bad design.