PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Best Whip

Thomas440
06-29-2012, 08:58 PM
What a popularity contest!
If anybody was watching there were some sick whips from McNeil Potter and The spanish dude. Anybody with eyes coulda seen that McNeil or Potter clearly should've gotten the gold in that competition, but who the **** voted for Stenberg? Honestly!? Apparently about 1/4 of the people that voted. I'm assuming because we all know who twitch is, from TV and the MM. Don't get me wrong Stenberg's whips were respectable but did anybody see the chit McNeil was banging out... that was not in any way a competition of best whip.

quadrcr161
06-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Was thinking the same thing, Potters hard to beat

HondaRacing83
06-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Who saw potter eat chit and nyles richmond just eat chit in step up :o

Thomas440
06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Richmond really ate it... Lol
This step up contest is insane though

01boneless
06-29-2012, 10:06 PM
mcneil should have won

quadrider
06-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Does any one what happened to mike metgzer ?? He was scheduled to be in it.

HondaRacing83
06-30-2012, 12:05 AM
jako looked like a metzger wannabe if that matters for anythin lol

Stickman400
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
I had to work a 12 and didn't see chite. Damn work.:(

BlasterEaten250
06-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I think Torrenteras was the most fun to watch, and Potters whip was crazy too

The step up competition was by far the most exciting thing to watch last night!

yellowzo3
06-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Didn't this happen last year also with a different rider?

I think Twitch is a great rider (one of my fav's) so I can't hate as I like his style and he's got skills... But sites like Transworld were giving him a lot of exposure before the games and had videos of him practicing, interviews, etc...

You don't see any of the other riders get exposure or support like this so, yes, it is basically just a popularity contest.

motofreak2772
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Who decided to leave it in the hands of people that know nothing about fmx or even dirt bikes anyways?? The whole thing is a joke. They should have the previous years winner decide. Or just get normal judges. Better yet, just drop this stupid event because there are so many different styles of whips which is all just preference.

Wired
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
X Games is losing its legitimacy real fast! It's bad when even the athletes are over it. If big time sponsorship money wasn't involved i doubt anyone would even show up to such a joke. It's gone from the biggest legit event/contest of the year to lame popularity contest tv show.

Ruby Soho
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
i dont even watch the x games anymore. the past few years ill catch the replays or something posted on here. last year i actually watched was pastranas double flip.

i miss the old games though. seeing tony hawk in the skate, dave mirra on the bikes, brian deegan on the big air, etc.. now its all a bunch of no names. the extreme sports seem like they're dying out a little. yeah they keep pushing it more every year but its old news. who cant do a backflip?

yellowzo3
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i dont even watch the x games anymore. the past few years ill catch the replays or something posted on here. last year i actually watched was pastranas double flip.

i miss the old games though. seeing tony hawk in the skate, dave mirra on the bikes, brian deegan on the big air, etc.. now its all a bunch of no names. the extreme sports seem like they're dying out a little. yeah they keep pushing it more every year but its old news. who cant do a backflip?

I haven't even watched one second of coverage in the past few years either... As a matter of fact I think the year of Pastrana's double flip was the last year I watched as well.

The X Games of years ago were definitely awesome... I think we all have this discussion every year on here haha... I wouldn't say they're no names though. A lot of the big names are still in it and all of the guys competing have major skills.

I believe there was one popular FMX rider who CAN do the backflip but either wasn't comfortable with it or didn't like it so he would just do regular tricks... I'm pretty sure he doesn't even compete anymore for obvious reasons. Just goes to show that if you're not upside down doing tricks then you're pretty much out of the game totally. I can't remember who it was though... I saw a video interview with him years ago where he talked about it.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Twitch is the man and I am a huge fan but in my opinion his whips were the least impressive. I was kind of disappointed in him when I was watching. When the judges showed his picture they said something like "Twitch has interesting classic style" or something like that. Basically saying his whips aren't the best but we still like Twitch. Showing Snoop's tweet, his gold bike and his level of fame is how he won.

I was hoping for McNeil to win. Potter also could have. Not taking anything away from Twitch but he should not have won that event.

zyoung04
07-02-2012, 03:10 AM
I bet it was bcuz u got all these dum basses out there that bought their mulisha shirts from pacsun and dont have a clue who any of them other guys were out there except Twitch.....I know he's not in it anymore but I work with a couple dummies that can't name anyone else in the mulisha except Twitch and Deegan....cuz I brought up Faisst one day and they looked at me like I cut the cheese....like u guys said its a popularity deal anymore....I miss the street luge and the days when mulisha wore their pads and spikes reminded me of the road warriors from WWF

KXRida
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought twitch's stuff wasn't all that great compared to the others. I was much more impressed with potter and mcneil. I thought the coverage of best whip this year suck donkey dick. The first half of the session all they would show was them hitting the ramp then landing.

Tommy Warren
07-02-2012, 05:05 PM
torrentares and then mcniel for sure! but the crowd loved that gold bike