PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheelers and Jackie Meadows return to Ashtabula

Black Sheep
06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Jackie Meadows will be returning to racing at the EDT Nationals at Pine Lake this July 22.

What is even better is he will NOT be racing a quad but in fact will be racing a 3 wheeler when 3 wheelers make there return to Ashtabula after a 20+ year absence.

Jackie will be racing one of my TPC 450R trikes and will also be teamed up with Fellow TPC riders, local California Quad Pro Nick Lalanne and defending CRA 3 wheeler Champ "Fast" Freddy Morrell

Jackie and myself after dropping off his practice Trike a few months ago.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff223/motomanimal32/TPC/IMG_6998.jpg

Also, several other big name pro, or former pro quad racers are expected to show. I won't give out any names but, the initials TF and SH are a clue.

Erik Dubb, also a veteren of 3 wheeler days and himself a LL Quad Champion is also expected to race.

They will all be joined by a host of other trike riders ready to take over Ashatbula, if even for a day, Celebrating the roots of ATV racing.

Black Sheep
06-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I should also add that the premiere 3 wheeler class will be Open expert/pro with no trike limitations.

That means basically no rules other than 3 wheels. 4 stroke vs 2 stroke, big bore vs small bore, it will all get settled on the track. So all those 250R guys will be trying to beat new modern four strokes. Neither of them will be "limited" to there production displacement. I know of at least one custom 500 two stroke that will be attending as well.

bad450r08
06-29-2012, 08:58 PM
I saw him ride the trike the other day and Its crazy at how fast he is on 3 wheels.

TWISTED
06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
I would SOOOOOOOOOO love to see that race!!!!!!!!!!

Black Sheep
06-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bad450r08
I saw him ride the trike the other day and Its crazy at how fast he is on 3 wheels.

When I dropped off his practice TPC I was suprised how fast he adapted to it after not riding a trike in over 25 years.

hontrx265r
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
This is awesome, cool to see, wish I was in the mid west for this.

Raptorchick
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey Black Sheep,

I think this would make an interesting story for the home page. I'd love to get some more details from you so I can write something up before that round.

Could you please give me a call when you have a few minutes, my cell # is 206-518-8634.

Thanks!
Lisa

hanker
07-06-2012, 08:00 AM
This is going to a great racing weekend!!! We already race the EDT series and always look forward to racing there (Pine Lake). But this year my son will get the chance to see and meet some of the riders and machines that started it all. This is easily going to turn into a trike fest! But that's alright. Can't wait to see 3-wheelers go around Pine Lake again!!!

Black Sheep
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I won't show our cards just yet, but the trikes you see in the pic are set up for MX....just wait till you see them set up for TT :devil: I'll post pics up a few days before. Can't do it any sooner...don't want the competition to see what we are up to :p

Derrick Adams
07-07-2012, 05:16 PM
I just hope that everyone rides safely so that the 3 wheelers can get invited to a National MX race next year!

Black Sheep
07-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Round 5 of the OTC Grand Championship series was held at Pine Lake this last weekend. This was the first time 3wheelers have been raced on this track since the late 80's. Team TPC rider Fast Freddy Morrell (2011 CRA Open Class Champ) won the event winning the heat and main event. In 2 weeks he will try to repeat his performance at the National.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff223/motomanimal32/TPC/14020Pine20Lake.jpg