PDA

View Full Version : oil blowing by, What to fix

Lquad71
06-29-2012, 04:34 PM
A couple weeks ago during a race there is a possibility I overfilled the motor oil and it blew out of the vent hose and into the airbox. I am not sure if it was overfilled or not but now ever since that happened it will blow out every time that I ride. It blows out so bad on the filter so i relocated the hose. But it still blows out and I dont know what to fix. What part would that be? I dont know a relief valve or anything like that. I need to know what part to replace. Thanks.

quad71
06-29-2012, 11:55 PM
New piston rings fixed mine. search down you will find info about relief valve.

DnB_racing
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
A couple weeks ago during a race there is a possibility I overfilled the motor oil and it blew out of the vent hose and into the airbox. I am not sure if it was overfilled or not but now ever since that happened it will blow out every time that I ride. It blows out so bad on the filter so i relocated the hose. But it still blows out and I dont know what to fix. What part would that be? I dont know a relief valve or anything like that. I need to know what part to replace. Thanks. do a leak down test, if you have one,
if not at least check your starting compression, to make sure there is no blow by,
if compression is good make sure your vent line isn't below you oil level acting like a siphon,
and make sure your not getting your gear and crankcase oil mixing from a bad seal,and check for any sings of cracked cases allowing oil to mix

if these are all good about the only other option is to change relief valve

Lquad71
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
what is the part number for the relief valve? I cant seem to find it.

DnB_racing
07-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
what is the part number for the relief valve? I cant seem to find it. its located on your left crank case half, under your stator cover

you will need the relief valve part #15220-hp1-670
and O-ring #90751-gki-003