PDA

View Full Version : contour or go pro

xcracer416
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
just like the title says.

if i go with the contour it will be the gps model. if i go with the gopro it will be the hero2 hd.

whats the pros and cons

im in a split decision

beastlywarrior
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Go pro better sound

xcracer416
06-27-2012, 07:41 PM
all im going to hear is my exhaust anyway, ive watched videos off of each and i like the quality of both. sound and video are great on both to me.

since i race xc

i dont really like the mounting system of the gopro but the contour seems like it mounts in a better location

01boneless
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
go pro hands down...

Ichoptop
06-27-2012, 10:14 PM
the new GoPro has all the bells and whistles. Since the new one came out the older models can be picked up dirt cheap.

I love both my GoPros and they have never let me down

then again. Shipman films most of his stuff with the contour I have been told.

so one being better than the other.....I think its more the user than the camera

Longdong
06-29-2012, 07:33 AM
People lose their gopro's all the time. We have never lost are contour.

chronicsmoke
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Longdong
People lose their gopro's all the time. We have never lost are contour.

I, nor any of my friends have ever lost our GoPros either.. I have heard of a few cases, but I always tether mine. Not that I've ever had it fall off, but if it does I know I wont lose it. I've stickied it to fenders, front bumpers, ski poles, helmets and snowboards with very good results.

I'm a GoPro guy myself, but I've heard good reviews on the Contours.

Baracudaaa
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Dont be silly, get a GoPro.

sangheraent
06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I hate the button on the go pro it makes a little sound and on one trip I actually recorded when I didn't want to and had it off when I wanted it on.
I like the contours switch you know where it is.

So now I have to start recording at my truck and then when I get on the track its already been on for 2-5 minutes so I end up with huge videos and now my 500gb laptop is full.

also go pro looks hilarious on your helmet where as you don't even notice the contour on someone.

I went with the go pro because it took pictures only to find out they are worthless because they are so wide.

I have seen my idiot friends put flat mounts on their helmets were 50% of the mount is not touching the helmet Im sure their cams may fall but I always make sure 100% of it is touching.

OldGuyonaQuad
06-30-2012, 06:35 AM
The Hero2 sports edition comes with a helmet strap that mounts through the vents. I much prefer that to the suction cup as I don't have to teather mine.

Yea the picture frame is wide and not ideal for photos but the 10 frames per second is very cool for jumps and time elapsed racing stills.

tbrackman84
06-30-2012, 06:56 AM
I have a Contour ROAM HD and its pretty sweet. I got it on amazon for like 90 dollars a few months ago, which was my deciding factor... It has a good mounting system and is super simple and easy to use. I only made two videos with it so far though lol, here's one in case you want to check it out. If you want any other info from someone who owns one just ask me! I also wouldnt believe all the hype over the gopro, i think the Contour is just as good of a product for less $...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VcYvamXxghs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beastlywarrior
06-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Awesome video dude^^

2011_honda_:D
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
i have a gopro and i have had.. not a single problem with it.. but im not going to lie, at first they are confusing. after i figured it out its pretty easy though. ive barely seen any good videos with a contour bur with a gopro ive seen some pretty good ones.. they both have ups and downs probably some worse than others, in the end i choose\chose a gopro.

madskrillz2
06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
This is what sold me on GoPro. Love mine so far.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4b6n1MwXCcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tbrackman84
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Awesome video dude^^

thanks man!

2011_honda_:D
07-01-2012, 12:28 AM
here is a video of me on my "track".. i have a GoPro hero 960.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdUrjjULAbY

blaster99
07-02-2012, 05:20 AM
This is a great camera. I have worn one a few times.

http://www.facebook.com/driftinnovation