PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Cover Conversion

Hetrick300
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Hi, I have an 06 Trx450 and was wondering what is needed to put the 08 gas tank cover on and 06? I heard you had to replace the tank and bolts and such and I've also heard you just have to buy the tank cover. If anyone knows that would be great.

AtvKid4Eva
06-27-2012, 06:07 AM
The CORRECT way to do it you need to purchase:

- 08+ tank & Petcock
- 08+ front tank mounts
- Rear tank support bracket
- rear tank straps
- tank cover

Some people just buy the cover and hack it up to make it fit somewhat good. I say do it right or dont do it.

Kovatch
06-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I have a brand new red tank cover, still in the plastic, if you decide you need one. PM me.

Hetrick300
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
The CORRECT way to do it you need to purchase:

- 08+ tank & Petcock
- 08+ front tank mounts
- Rear tank support bracket
- rear tank straps
- tank cover

Some people just buy the cover and hack it up to make it fit somewhat good. I say do it right or dont do it.

Thank you! I was really unsure of how to do it. And I totally agree, do it right the first time.

Hetrick300
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Kovatch
I have a brand new red tank cover, still in the plastic, if you decide you need one. PM me.

Ok great! when I get to that point I'll be interested. How much are you asking for it?

ATVRacing2
06-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Theres a sticky on top of this forum on how to do the gas tank conversion. Another member on here posted all the parts needed and the part numbers as well. Just click the top thread titled frequesntly asked questions for 450R and scroll down to you see the Gas tank conversion thread.