PDA

View Full Version : Fox Float verses Evol repair.

witech
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Somehow the lower red adjuster knob caught a rock and snapped it off in the bottom of my evol front shock. Nothin gis leaking and the shock works fine but I will need to adjust it soon so I am looking for the rebuild manual. I can only find manual for the regulat float. Or just tell me how to get the lower part of the shock off.
Thanks

TheLane
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by witech
Somehow the lower red adjuster knob caught a rock and snapped it off in the bottom of my evol front shock. Nothin gis leaking and the shock works fine but I will need to adjust it soon so I am looking for the rebuild manual. I can only find manual for the regulat float. Or just tell me how to get the lower part of the shock off.
Thanks

I wouldnt rebuild that shock yourself, take it to a shop. Some of the gaskets and rings in there are non reusable and you could do more damage than good.

they are cheap to have rebuilt anyways, most shops will rebuild them for 140ish per shock and upgrade the internals (and put the shiny new stickers on it) to convert them from gen 1s to gen 2s for free. (if yours are gen 1s)

Honda5
06-28-2012, 11:37 AM
That knob can be replaced without taking the shock apart if you can get the piece out but you will have to dump the air and nitrogen to get it out and then you will need the new piece along with the spring and ball that are most likely gone.

suspension101
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
You can not purchase parts from fox unless you are an authorized service center. There are only 2 authorized service centers that I know of other than fox themselves. There is a rebuild manual for that shock but you would be hard pressed to find one on the net.

Honda5
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I guess I better not say who I get my parts from then. If you need parts pm me and I'll hook you up. But Fox parts are not cheap.

suspension101
07-03-2012, 06:15 AM
As long as they are an authorized dealer then they can resell them to whoever they want.