PDA

View Full Version : apex pro shark 90 shifter conversion

boosted22
06-24-2012, 11:39 PM
howdy guys looking for some info in converting my sons apex pro shark 90 into a cr85 engine, as im from Australia I'm having no luck source'n info here, I've emailed apex direct to see if they do a kit, as I've noticed the swing arms are different etc, does anyone have info on where I can buy a kit or something kind regards :)

Logan #34's Dad
06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Unfortunatly there is no "kit". The Apex Shifter (Mod):p has a different rear section and different motor mounts.
If you are a fabricator you could make a swingarm and stuff but It would not be cheap.
I'm sure Apex would sell you a roller......If you can contact them.

boosted22
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
howdy thanks for the reply, just a had a email back from apex, there not exactly sure every part il need for the conversion ?, but the gave me a price on a frame, swing arm kit, couldnt tell me much else about it which is little disapointing, do they run the same stems, a arms etc, i can get alot things fabricated here if need to be but yer not alot info out there about it.

Logan #34's Dad
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Question, are you wanting to build and Apex shifter to stay with-in your rules?
If not, you'd be much further ahead to get on a Cobra, JB, Fisher ect. The Apex has proven to be a mess. Frames are basically junk and are needing to be replaced. And the suspension geometry compared to one of the ones metioned is not even close.
Just my opinion (I'm a little anti Apex "production" 90 shifter) :devil:

boosted22
06-28-2012, 05:16 AM
basiclly here in south australia they only run two class's limited's which are 7 yrs too 11 yrs old basiclly raptors no apex's etc aloud and then modified class apex etc upto 90cc 2 stroke and 110 4 stroke, 7 yrs too 12 yrs olds, kinda like the idea getting my son up and racing on a shifter bike, as he only has a little over a year left and hel have to move upto the 200 -300 class, just thinking insteading going out spending **** load cash on the cvt engine a shifter would been better option, but been in australia we dont get many options lol

ken philipp
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Done it. People make it harder than it need be. Turn the swing arm over to get it to left side drive. cut the shock mount off and weld it back on to what was the bottom but is now the top and put in motor mounts. really simple if you let be. i added tume gussets to avoid frame breaks in the rear.

Logan #34's Dad
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey Ken, That's all good but it's not production legal by National standards and if you have to race it against JB, Roberts, Cobra or Hybrid Mods that bike will struggle mostly because of suspension.

ken philipp
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree with suspension comments. I just said its easy thats all. Makes it fast and reliable not a national level competitive.