PDA

View Full Version : Help 3 wheeler

01boneless
06-24-2012, 11:27 PM
hey guys my buddy has a 250 big red hoda 3 wheeler a 85 model. we rode all day one day and he shut it off to give it a bath after he did it wouldent run so we though water in the connections or something but after it sat for a week or so it still wont start has no spark at all. lights all work we replaced the coil and stator and pickup coil and still no spark, went thro all the wiring it and bypassed the fuse and crap but all looks good, only other thing i can think of is the cdi box got water or something in it and ruint the cdi??? thoughts??

Kovatch
06-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Did you try to pull the spark plug wire from the spark plug cap (plastic piece)? I have seen a few where the wire actually gets fried and is not transferring the spark down to the plug itself.

It has happened a few times on highly modified race bikes, but it is a quick thought. You can easily strip the spark plug wire back and reinsert it to the plug cap.

01boneless
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
ill have to try that were getting some power through the coil wire just no spark or very weak spark