PDA

View Full Version : 300EX brakes not keeping pressure

OCCRA288
03-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Hey guys Ive got to find a way to coax a 300EX into holding brake pressure. I don't know why it loses pressure but we bled it until it was as hard as a rock. the next day, it had no pressure.

Also can anyone tell me what wires must be tied together to defeat the neutral safety switch. like if you replace the clutch perch with an aftermarket what wires do you tie together to allow the quad to start in gear again???

I need help quick race is next weekend.

OCCRA288
03-07-2003, 01:00 PM
bump

4TraxRider
03-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Make sure all your bleeders are closed. Take it for a ride, then bleed them again. The wires to make it start in gear are attached to the clutch. Strip them and tie them together.

OCCRA288
03-10-2003, 07:26 AM
we've bled them and bled them. I think it's the master cylinder for the rear. I wonder how much an entire rear brake assembly would set me back?

The wires weren't in the perch when I got the bike. There were wires everywhere.

bradley300
03-10-2003, 07:38 AM
the rear master cylinder alone is like fifty bucks, not to mention everything else. look in the back of dirtwheels in the advertising section for quad pro, or cycles r us used parts, i hev save more than you can imaging thru these guys. cycles are us i have more experience with, i called them once (first time calling them) and said i was in desperate need for a rear caliper, they didnt have the used one i wanted so they sent a new one for the same price and "good luck" memo for the race. great place

i'm also gonna check on those wires for you today, im 99 percent sure they are both green, i'll trace them though and see where they go to

exriderdude
03-10-2003, 07:57 AM
there should of been two kinda L-shaped gold metal things in your perch. that is what you put together to make it start in gear. One of them has a rubber thing on it. i really dont know what else to tell ya:(