PDA

View Full Version : DirtBike Kill Switches

Chanman420q
03-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Ive seen them on Quads but only they were used to start them, is this hard to make happen, is it worth it, is there an advantage? i can get a CR125 kill switch and just wondering if it would be worth riggin it up to work that way

Razorback
03-07-2003, 08:40 AM
The main advantage is you get rid of the bulky starter/kill/light switch that comes stock. If you plan on keeping your headlights, then there's no need to do it. If you change clutch perches, then you would want to do it.

I don't think the CR switches will work, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The YZ switches will work, because they have the two wires needed to hook into the electrical system to make it work. I think the CR switches are different somehow.

ChadEXer
03-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Im pretty sure its the CR switch you want,,,but there is a certain year model that is better than the others but I dont remember which one. I bought one to do mine like that but by the time I got to putting my bike back together I couldnt find the damned thing!! I bought it from Marcums, he had them in stock and very cheap,,,and he knows which year model is the best. if I could find mine I would give it to you but I dont know where it is!!

Chanman420q
03-07-2003, 09:51 AM
yeah when i was changing my handlebars i noticed how they were connected... whats up with that? how do u keep ur lights if u get a new perch? I think im gunna get a new perch, Prodesign kill switch, the DB kill switch, and figure out how to wire the lights so there always on

Chanman420q
03-07-2003, 11:33 AM
i saw over at Zcentral a Z had a YZ250 kill switch

Razorback
03-07-2003, 12:52 PM
That's what I have.