PDA

View Full Version : license plate mount location

Dirty70bird
06-24-2012, 08:51 AM
I know the new licence plate law starts July 1 in WI, and MN has one already, so where and how are you mounting your plates to the back of your EXs?

TheAwesomehonda
06-24-2012, 08:58 AM
I've been thinking the same thing. That law is so stupid!!

TacicalRedneck
06-24-2012, 09:07 AM
sorry to ask, but someone care to explain the law to me? Hope its not like that here!

TacicalRedneck
06-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Dirty70bird
I know the new licence plate law starts July 1 in WI, and MN has one already, so where and how are you mounting your plates to the back of your EXs?

Zip ties! :D

TheAwesomehonda
06-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
sorry to ask, but someone care to explain the law to me? Hope its not like that here! Well in wisconsin they want us the provide a small white plate with black letters(the same letters/numbers as the registration stickers have), that is mounted somewhere on the rear of are quads. It is just another stupid law..... I'm guessing it's so that people can get the registration number of a quad that is breaking the law so they can call the cops :cuss: :cuss:

TacicalRedneck
06-24-2012, 09:14 AM
I've heard of them doing that on utilities... but sportys?! common... terrible law!

TheAwesomehonda
06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
I've heard of them doing that on utilities... but sportys?! common... terrible law! Yeah it's for all atv's and utv's that are publicly registered...

Dirty70bird
06-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm thinking of on the back of the air box, there is a flat spot that faces the rear. The trouble is, its plastic, so maybe a few holes with a metal backing plate and a few rivet nuts.

TheAwesomehonda
06-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Dirty70bird
I'm thinking of on the back of the air box, there is a flat spot that faces the rear. The trouble is, its plastic, so maybe a few holes with a metal backing plate and a few rivet nuts. Well i'd think mounting it from that bracket for the brake light.

bullett
06-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I know it's not the rear, but this is where I put mine.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s332/mbullett1/DSCN2476.jpg

Drfat400ex
06-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Heres what you do, make a bracket for the taillight so that it can fit into one hole on the bracket, and another hole can have a bolt go through, put the bolt through the bottom hole, then the bracket for the light further back, secured with nuts, then even further back put the plate on the bolt. If nobody follows what I'm saying I can post a picture of my set-up, even though theres no plate you'd understand.