PDA

View Full Version : track drama?

rabbithuntr14
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
ok guys this is bothering me and I wanna get some opinions, I race xc but for the last two weeks I've went with my friends and raced mx. So there was a guy I had fun with ( I did a dead engine start and picked an awful gate for fun to make it fair, gooned around and let him win) this week the same guy shows up so I talk to him and joke around, another guy shows up and run a slower class so I do the dead engine start and picked the same gate to have fun, a guy shows up fully built national mx quad and people start bragging about him running nationals and being fast so I stayed with that gate and did a dead engine start, first lap I passed the kid through the whoops then did a little gooning.. write on my pitboard to '' loose the zero and get with the hero'' but we had been writing dumb stuff on that all night and even the owner was laughing and getting into it. The guy gets mad and calls me everything under the sun to people and wont even walk on the same side of the pits.. started the second moto late even after i asked to wait for him, it was pretty unnessecary but why do I feel like the bad guy?:confused:
oh and before we even touched the track I shook everybody's hand and told them good luck and the kid wouldnt look at me and didnt say a thing..

Drfat400ex
06-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Typical rich kid man, got kids like that at school with their big brand new lifted ram 1500's that their daddys buy, then the regular guys go and show em up a lay a strip with their 800 dollar 1995 2500's, and the rams can't spin the tires at all, and they go around bein pouty because they couldn't win. F*** em.

sangheraent
06-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Lots of guys like that. They've built it up in their heads that they are something crazy but there just kids who spend too much time watching youtube and buying parts.

yellowzo3
06-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Yep there's always guys like that at the track and in every other kind of sport/motorsport.

Fortunately, most of the people I've met in this sport have been really cool and a bunch of times I've been to the track/trails we've made new friends or found someone to ride with that was at the same skill level.

I wouldn't worry about it man. It seems like everyone was riding in good fun and you showed good sportsmanship by holding the race until he got to the gate... He might just be one of "those guys" that you can never be friends with no matter how hard you try.

wfo4rv
06-27-2012, 02:54 PM
But you can't always bag on kids with nice quads, I'm 16 and have a national quality quad and I'm not a superstar rider by any means. However I purchased it with my own money and I still work hard and ride a lot. IMO I feel like I get "shunned" just because I have a nice bike and am only a b class rider in local series. But I'm not arrogant or anything :)

KKiowaTJ
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Hes a talked up top rider that you handed his *** to him playing around. Who cares what people think in the pits or what they say.
Why feel bad when you can finish a smoke, put your helmit on and catch and pass ALL while gooning around.? If anything it sounds like your the rider and you ride with high dollar bling goons who cant keep up.
I took my stock 400ex up and raced aginst 450's, There was a few of butt hurt kids when the race was over when a stock under sized kept a study pace and finished 5th. Not hard if you hit your marks every time.
You should have put on the board, Ease up they have no chance either way.

rabbithuntr14
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
I mean I have a national gncc ready quad... its not like I pull it out of the barn once a year and go run wfo all over the place, I've got 8 grand of my own money in it and go race every weekend with my own money and do everything my own. I put in a good bit of homework when it comes to racing but that was more of his teritory I was just having fun and getting seat time, I ride c class because I do alot of ama races and alot of pros go to them so it may look like I was a faster rider but they way they talked he was... and I know how you feel having a nice quad and not being the ''fastest guy out there'' you get some funny looks lol

KXRida
06-27-2012, 08:44 PM
welcome to the world of motorsports. That's one thing I don't miss about racing mx.

dxcody
06-28-2012, 07:55 AM
im not going to lie.

i typically bash on kids who have expensive quads, BUT its not that i bash on them because they arent the best.

I only bash on the kids whos mommy and daddy went out and bought them one of Don Ockermans old quads, and now he races first year and wins by like 4 minutes every race.

It just gets under my skin. I know i shouldnt be like that, because i mean it is the kids first year, but still WTF move up.. Hes beating all the C class riders anyways.

but i also know how it is, because there is a B class rider that rides a LTR, and has like 20K tied up in it, at the small local series here in IN and my buddy beat him and he threw a absolute FIT!

HondaRacing83
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
only problem ive had is bike guys and nuke the quads. its NEVER the xc bike guys, im actually really good friends with one and ride with him. its always the mx bike guys

chronicsmoke
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Haha I'm usually that guy with a nice bike plugging up the C class :D

I'm there for fun though, I'm really not competative. I know there are guys faster than me and I try to learn from them and use the same lines they use when I can.

I've never met any 'nuke the quad' types.. Usually I'm one of the faster riders, but there are a few guys on bikes and a few guys on quads that will blow my doors off. They've always showed me respect and I return the favor.

If you're throwing tantrums then you're taking it too serious imo.

dxcody
06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke

If you're throwing tantrums then you're taking it too serious imo.

I agree, especially since no one is gettin rich off of this... well 99.9% of us arent.. Heck there is only a small percent that breaks even..

250x_kyle
06-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
I agree, especially since no one is gettin rich off of this... well 99.9% of us arent.. Heck there is only a small percent that breaks even..

thats part of racing there be glad its a quad and not a dirt track car. i picked up a set of beadlocks and tires for my buddies 358 mod came in at almost 2k.

on a serious note the bike guys that complain on the track just cant corner without ruts so they hate quads. i ride with a handfull of guys that can corner without ruts and well just have a good time. havent had any seat time for about 2 years. what pisses me off is i work like i have nothing else in life to do and didnt have any room in the garage last week to due some minor things to my quad threw my roller in the back of my truck. stopped to get a can of chew and some kid said to me must be nice to have mommy and daddys money. mom and dad didnt buy my 04 cummins or my houser crf build. just show being judgemental to soon can make you look like an ***.

zyoung04
06-29-2012, 03:09 AM
There's people like that in every sport Ive never had to deal with it at the mx track but back in my karting days u seen it about every weekend....they didn't like people like me out running their kids because they had all this new nice stuff and I flat out them on stuff that's a few years old then they wanna tear u down becuz ur cheating in their minds

TheLane
06-29-2012, 08:46 AM
If there is ever any of those nuke the quad guys i usually just put em high in a corner....every corner, that usually shuts em up. Or makes em more mad. Or they have to get air evac'd out...

either way works for me :D

TimSr
06-29-2012, 01:21 PM
If you want to know how kids get this way, start watching the mini quad classes race, and pay attention to some of the parents.

KKiowaTJ
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
If there is ever any of those nuke the quad guys i usually just put em high in a corner....every corner, that usually shuts em up. Or makes em more mad. Or they have to get air evac'd out...

either way works for me :D

X2 here. When they start running their mouth i start running them off the track. So far this summer i have handed two bikers soil samples along with the repair bill from the damage.
Any more, Ill cruise the track a couple times and blow their ruts out and then start riding hard and scuffing their back tires or try to blow the forks out from under them. The more their mouth runs, The more fun for me.

I also ride bikes so i know that both can run on the same track at the same time. Its just the piss poor riders who cant corner with out a rut that has their mouth running. Oh well **** happens

BlaineKaiser450
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
welcome to the world of motorsports. That's one thing I don't miss about racing mx. There's always gonna be those people. As soon as you do something better than them, you're all of a sudden the bad guy. This happened with one of my good friends, when he beat some other kid that was talking trash in a race, the other kids dad came up to my friends dad and started to act aggressive. Little did he know that my friends dad played in the NFL for quite a while on the Bengals and he dropped him almost immidiately. Now no one messes with my friend or his dad in almost any situation haha

JAKELTR450
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
i guess i am the only one who sees it differently. it shouldnt matter at all what kind of quad you race or how expensive it is. race what you brought and dont worry about what the other guy has unless it is out of the rules. such as displacement or width.

but it seems to me like the kid on the national quad really wants to race and be competative, and it seems you may be in a class too low for your caliber of riding. you may be sand bagging. and then you start with a dead engine, and joke around the whole time and just humiliate him. now if it is the highest level of the quad category class, then i guess maybe the national quad kid should race a lower class.

but either way when you show alot of disrespect for another competitor in a race or a competition. it looks very bad on your part. people get into fights for that exact reason. it is called showboating and being disrespectful. and trying to be nice before the fact or after the fact doesn't change a thing. i believe it is that way in all of sports.

showboating and gooning is for practice and joking with friends, not for people you are racing against and are not your friends. i believe it is a jerk move. and i dont blame him for not shaking your hand. you had just metaphoricaly spit in his face and had joke on his behalf, for you and your friends to laugh at.

just my two cents. i hope i read and understood what you said the right way.

have the utmost respect for those racing around you, one day that guy can punt you over the berm or over a jump as retaliation. it is motocross and not trail riding or trail racing. show respect and be clean and you should get the same in return, if you dont get respect, bash them in a corner.

ikas
07-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by JAKELTR450
i guess i am the only one who sees it differently. it shouldnt matter at all what kind of quad you race or how expensive it is. race what you brought and dont worry about what the other guy has unless it is out of the rules. such as displacement or width.

but it seems to me like the kid on the national quad really wants to race and be competative, and it seems you may be in a class too low for your caliber of riding. you may be sand bagging. and then you start with a dead engine, and joke around the whole time and just humiliate him. now if it is the highest level of the quad category class, then i guess maybe the national quad kid should race a lower class.

but either way when you show alot of disrespect for another competitor in a race or a competition. it looks very bad on your part. people get into fights for that exact reason. it is called showboating and being disrespectful. and trying to be nice before the fact or after the fact doesn't change a thing. i believe it is that way in all of sports.

showboating and gooning is for practice and joking with friends, not for people you are racing against and are not your friends. i believe it is a jerk move. and i dont blame him for not shaking your hand. you had just metaphoricaly spit in his face and had joke on his behalf, for you and your friends to laugh at.

just my two cents. i hope i read and understood what you said the right way.

have the utmost respect for those racing around you, one day that guy can punt you over the berm or over a jump as retaliation. it is motocross and not trail riding or trail racing. show respect and be clean and you should get the same in return, if you dont get respect, bash them in a corner.
x2

rabbithuntr14
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I race c in ama (I'm not trying to move up with pros at xc races to run a higher class at these local races which I hardly do) this year I've had maybe 5 top 5 finishes out of 15 xc races... sandbagging.. no.... racing against a warrior and artic cat 400 and their running 40+? what am I supposed to do go see how many times I can lap them? not tryin to be cocky about it cause I know I'm not good but I'm not trying to go make myself look fast and build myself up at local stuff when I go to ama and I'm nothing? but both of the 40+ riders thanked me for having fun with them and for me cruising around so they can follow me and watch my lines in practice, the plan was to ride and have fun, then somebody wanted to race and be serious, I didnt change my plan.. but I'm not gonna putt around and let somebody win when i hear about how fast they are and I know good and well I can beat them.... I ride for fun... I'm not a pro so why take it so serious? yea I take it serious when there are competitive people there. and the kid barely shook my hand before my motor ever started that night, the way I look at it is if you can't take it, don't go try and give it, its called racing not winning and if you can't have fun with it why even do it?!

JAKELTR450
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
just race a higher class. it seems you want to have fun, i understand that. i go mx riding and trail riding for that. but races should be a competition, race in the class you should be racing in, a higher one. try battling with someone you may not be able to beat. because that is what racing is about, a challenge. goon riding and play riding is for you and your buddies on a regular ride.