PDA

View Full Version : This is what's wrong with society today

OldGuyonaQuad
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120622/US.Little.League.Lawsuit/?cid=hero_media_phillyitn

are you kidding me, even worse then Major League Baseball serving little leagues a cease and dessit for using their team names and logos. wtf, hey isn't that your neck of the woods Marc?

crlt250r
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous... Next thing she'll do is sue her own parents for breeding slow reflexes into her dumb ***.... I love that her husband has a suit too, now my wife is too ugly for me to, well, you know.. I believe she was already screwed up, and he just now found a good excuse.

CJM
06-22-2012, 03:32 PM
They do it just to get the money, trust me the lawyers dont care as they both get paid. So they push it thru, get her the cash and they make out. Crooked system.

About 10 years ago when I first got my license I was sticking out a parking lot b/c I couldnt see past this absurd bush and I was trying to make a left. I was maybe a foot in the road, maybe 2 ft at the most. Along came this lady in a minivan and I swear she was literally driving 8 inches from the curb for some reason. She clipped the pass half of my frontend and wjhatnot.

Didnt get out of the car, wasnt wearing a seatbelt and sat there till i got out and asked if she was ok. The cops come, of course its my fault. He asks her if she wants the EMT's, she says yes and as soon as they came she was dying and whanot. She REFUSED to allow me to get her insurance info so my dad called them (I managed to get the husband to give me the phone number) and my dad finds out she spent 8 hrs in the ER and the husband was ticked cause she was fine he says.

Best of all she was not even supposed to be driving the car-expired EVERYTHING including her license. Insurance, reg, inspection, etc. My dad and I went to the towyard to see the car and wouldnt you know it rusted in 3 days??? Then we notice that part where I hit was welded previously and all primered under the gold of her van-she had been hit before SAME SPOT!

Fast forward literally a month before the 3yr statue is up and Im served with a lawsuit from her and the husband seeking over 1 million dollars. Claims she had injuries and her and her husband had "loss of services" (aka they couldnt fark..how that applies IDK).

Turns out this lady is a hypochondriac nut job. The Dr my mom worked for at the time saw her no less than 10x in 5 years for various injuries, all "accidents" slip and fall, she sued the local six flags, other car accidents, stores etc.

Well my dad spoon fed the insurance company and the lawyers some of this interesting info and they already knew half of it. Also find out she has 5 other pending suits as well, talk about milking the system.They knew shes a pos yet decided to give her 32k for NOTHING.

So lesson learned, it happens again Im suing the insurance company or whatever.

OldGuyonaQuad
06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Tort law reform

Hopefully in the near future all states will pass laws allowing defendants in frivolous law suits to seek restitution for legal fees.

Same thing happened to me in a parking lot years ago ( less the million dollar law suit of course :D ) when my car stalled. I was sitting there for 10-15 secvonds, looked down to put it in nuetral so I could start it and she clipped me.

CJM
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Yea we need no fault to go away and tort law reform in a bad way. Shame it probably wont happen when cause the politicians and lawyers are greedy.

My mom had an idiot step out in front of her purposely in a parking lot. Immediately wanted to go to the ER and when she sued her nephew was the lawyer..talk about a scam..

jaxes88
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah I hate how the world goes around like than any more. Hopefully there will come a day when some people get a boot in the rear and we clean this world up. it reminds me of an episode of family guy where the devil is down in hell and asks "where's a lawyer when I need one" and then everybody raises a hand.