PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiter (cont.)

TacicalRedneck
06-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok,

another thread was what i was looking for for it turnt out it wasn't really what i was looking for. :ermm:

So... I've been thinking about a rev limiter.... The quad is an '00 416. Have a TC shorty pipe on it.... And the compressions a bit higher.... :rolleyes:

I'm not all concerned about programming for more power really... i'd just take it as it came.... Lot of my buddies ride the quad.... and even i like WOT.... But there are times i.. start to get sweatdrops on my forehead..... When someone just redlines it in 1st gear... for a long ways.... while it's still getting broke in... !!

not looking to spend much.. But then again i'm not looking for something made cheap.....

Any suggestions?

ish416
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Stock cdi is the best for these engines unless you have a seriously built engine and even then cdi's are typically unnecessary as these engines don't make power at high rpms.

TacicalRedneck
06-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Either way....

CJM
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I tried 2, procom and a white bros. WB worked the best, but what happened was it kinda made me run out of gearing too fast, almost like it revved up too fast, most of the power was in the upper rpms as well.

IE if I could climb a hill in 2nd I had to blast 3rd. Changed to stock cdi no more issues like this. I will agree in a drag race it might have helped a little tho.

Procom one just made like no power till upper rpms and caused me to fly around 4th and 5th mostly and run out of gears.

Things are worthless imho.

JOHNDOE83
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
If you wanna build a race quad, the only beneficial cdi is the white bro's. Im sure that a dynatek programmable is better but that thing is like $250.

The other cdi's kinda plane out or rev slow in upper rpm's or dont even change at all, Ive tried 5 different 400ex style cdi's and several non 400ex one's like scooter, mini atv and 2 stroke cdi's, Like metioned the white bro's is the best for a plug in rev box.

If your into that sorta thing...:cool:

TacicalRedneck
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
found a dynatek for shy of $100.

what about big gun?

Stickman400
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I didn't really notice any change from the stock to big gun when I installed mine. It raised the limiter and removed the reverse limiter, but other than that it didn't do anything noticable.

400man
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
so, was you wanting to make it where the rev limiter kicks in earlier at lower rpms or later in higher rpms?

TacicalRedneck
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
really... looking for something sort of like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahou8D9iasw&feature=plcp

AtvKid4Eva
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
haha well i think you need to buy a KTM then lol ^^...my buddy has a built 426 with 450r carb and a Sparks rev limiter, the effect is minimal, but he does gain a few more rpm since the bike revs a lot faster with the 450r carb.

TacicalRedneck
06-20-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4YPXgSKKM&feature=plcp

Ok... this was the video i was looking for! lol