PDA

View Full Version : How About That Finish Line Flagger?

Logan #34's Dad
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
So, all of you that attended High Point, What about that finishline flagger?

Those that don't know, He gave the white flag twice - instead of white then checkers - to more than one group of racers on Saturday. And almost caused a fist fight on moto#1 on Sunday, did it again on Sunday in the 90 Production and 450B class.........That's just the ones I witnessed.
Mr. Covil, sorry I freaked out on that dude BUT someone had too. It was way too early to get my blood pressure up. LOL. I got him to give me the one finger salute though. HEHE.

hensonfamfun
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't know if you were there or not but in the 90 cvt One of Carson's sons broke down at the base of a jump. People and his dad were screaming for the flagger to wave the yellow. He looked at them and did not wave the flag. The next rider topped the hill, tagged Carsons quad and launched him and the other rider off the quad. THEN........yes there's more.....the next kid came over the hill and ran over one of the kids. Luckily one of the riders got the other out from under the quad. All because the flagger said he was supposed to watch what was happening up hill and not below him. This all happened 15 feet from where he was sitting. It's a shame......Of course he could have said he didn't see anything from all the dust and that would have been more believable!!!:) I hope the other two kids are ok as it was nasty and really could have been prevented if folks were doing there job. Thanks for reading.............I feel better now!

Logan #34's Dad
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Scarey part is that I'm pretty sure the same guy in charge of all the hiring is at the Ohio race.........Cernic. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he was there last year.

Ryko racing
06-19-2012, 07:14 AM
On saturday in the jr girls class Lindsay Hutchinson went 1 more lap as she said she never got the checkered. Just remeMBER RACE TO THE CHECKERED EVEN IF ITS 100 LAPS.( THANK GOD FOR THE TRANSPONDERS).

Ryan had his 1 st national win at Red Bud Taken away in 2008 because they gave the white twice and made him leave the track. ( that will never happen again) lol....

I think we are done for the year except maybe Red Bud. Trying to get his 450 ready.

neveready
06-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I dont think there is anything good to say about the entire facility for me, and you know what they say... if you cant say anything nice...., Unless you are dusenberry!!! That guy never has anything nice to say:devil:

#404's Dad
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Yep I seen it going on more times than once, Told Trevor do not stop racing until you see the Checkers no matter what.

thequadfather+2
06-19-2012, 09:39 AM
The only problem I had was with the 2 flaggers at the mid section where riders come from the back side of the track (very back) over the split lane jump and up hill into the double/tripple. I was standing down at the up hill double section where I could see all the way down the hill. There was a flagger about 10 feet from me and one further down the hill about 75 feet. Brady came up over the jump and the chain kicked off. He was sitting in the middle of the track about 15 feet past the jump.

As soon as he stopped I noticed there were no flags coming out. I asked the flagger in front of me to flag it. The quad was probably 10 feet from his stand. He said "I cant, it's the guy down below". I started yelling at the guy below the jump to flag it. He looked at me and stood up. He then picked his flag up and held it down by his side and just kept looking at me. Of course by now I see a quad coming up the hill and I am screaming as loud as I can to throw the flag and I am litterally begging the guy on the stand in front of my son to throw the flag which will help get the other guy to throw his flag. I was also waving my arms like a loonatick.... I stood there and watched the other rider top the hill and plow right in the back of our quad, ejecting my son and the other rider. I was going crazy by now and jumped over the fence. Just as I did that another quad came screaming over the hill and ran completely over the injured rider that hit us. I ran over and picked up the front of the quad to get the kid out from under it and then started running toward the jump to try and get to the top to warn the riders myself. Just about that time another quad came over the hill and slammed on the brakes, missed everyone. I climbed up the hill and of course called the flag man a few choice words, he started waving the flag and brought out the medic flag at that point. There were 3 riders down, quads blocking the track, kids getting run over.......All because nobody would throw the darn flag. It could all have been avoided.

The rider that nailed us hit so hard it broke his tie rods, bent our axle and hub while ejecting both kids. The kids didnt know to check up because there was no flag, they had no idea....nothing they could do.

I will be the first to say that we assume a certain amount of risk and I understand that. However, we also expect the track workers and safety officials to do their part to minmize the danger. Their responsibility should not be taken lightly and someone who is not paying attention or hesitates can cause one of these kids to get injured or worse....

I am not blaming the track or the officials but the flaggers have to understand what the hell is going on out there and what can happen if they dont act immdeiately. The guy was 10 feet from our broken quad and wouldnt flag because he thought he could only flag when the wreck was above him, so he did nothing. If he would have thrown the flag and pointed it out to the flagger below him the other guy could have started flagging...I mean come on, it's 10 feet from him.

#404's Dad
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
The only problem I had was with the 2 flaggers at the mid section where riders come from the back side of the track (very back) over the split lane jump and up hill into the double/tripple. I was standing down at the up hill double section where I could see all the way down the hill. There was a flagger about 10 feet from me and one further down the hill about 75 feet. Brady came up over the jump and the chain kicked off. He was sitting in the middle of the track about 15 feet past the jump.

As soon as he stopped I noticed there were no flags coming out. I asked the flagger in front of me to flag it. The quad was probably 10 feet from his stand. He said "I cant, it's the guy down below". I started yelling at the guy below the jump to flag it. He looked at me and stood up. He then picked his flag up and held it down by his side and just kept looking at me. Of course by now I see a quad coming up the hill and I am screaming as loud as I can to throw the flag and I am litterally begging the guy on the stand in front of my son to throw the flag which will help get the other guy to throw his flag. I was also waving my arms like a loonatick.... I stood there and watched the other rider top the hill and plow right in the back of our quad, ejecting my son and the other rider. I was going crazy by now and jumped over the fence. Just as I did that another quad came screaming over the hill and ran completely over the injured rider that hit us. I ran over and picked up the front of the quad to get the kid out from under it and then started running toward the jump to try and get to the top to warn the riders myself. Just about that time another quad came over the hill and slammed on the brakes, missed everyone. I climbed up the hill and of course called the flag man a few choice words, he started waving the flag and brought out the medic flag at that point. There were 3 riders down, quads blocking the track, kids getting run over.......All because nobody would throw the darn flag. It could all have been avoided.

The rider that nailed us hit so hard it broke his tie rods, bent our axle and hub while ejecting both kids. The kids didnt know to check up because there was no flag, they had no idea....nothing they could do.

I will be the first to say that we assume a certain amount of risk and I understand that. However, we also expect the track workers and safety officials to do their part to minmize the danger. Their responsibility should not be taken lightly and someone who is not paying attention or hesitates can cause one of these kids to get injured or worse....

I am not blaming the track or the officials but the flaggers have to understand what the hell is going on out there and what can happen if they dont act immdeiately. The guy was 10 feet from our broken quad and wouldnt flag because he thought he could only flag when the wreck was above him, so he did nothing. If he would have thrown the flag and pointed it out to the flagger below him the other guy could have started flagging...I mean come on, it's 10 feet from him.

So that's what happened over there, we couldn't see it, total BS, I would have lost it I'm sure, hope all the kids are ok.

Logan #34's Dad
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Is it a RULE to "race to the checkers" OR just a thought on how we are supposed to race?
Reason I ask is, we all know the race is a set number of laps and with the transponders being the final voice in finishing order (a rule), is that what we go by or the possibility of human "and dumb - in this case" error...

Logan #34's Dad
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by neveready
I dont think there is anything good to say about the entire facility for me, and you know what they say... if you cant say anything nice...., Unless you are dusenberry!!! That guy never has anything nice to say:devil:

LMAO. Just saw this one. I guess I just can't stand ignorance and incompetence and lack of common sense and sometimes I just can't help but to point it out. Hehe. I know I need to clean up my sailor mouth but it's kinda part of what I do on a daily basis.....dealing with the above behaviors...

edwardsp&b
06-19-2012, 12:26 PM
LMAO. Just saw this one. I guess I just can't stand ignorance and incompetence and lack of common sense and sometimes I just can't help but to point it out. Hehe. I know I need to clean up my sailor mouth but it's kinda part of what I do on a daily basis.....dealing with the above behaviors...

Yeah Dusenberry always gets away with everything!!!!! If that were me they would have kicked me out!!!

I can say this....as much as I dislike Sam Gammon, he runs a pretty good organazation at Victory Sports. I dont remember too many crazy things that have happened at their events compared to the other organazations that run them.
Bryan