PDA

View Full Version : Question about hubs?

fmf400ex
03-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Well today and a friend of my switched tires, just to see how I would like a different setup. We switched my 21/20 razrs and put his 19" mx holeshots and 18" turf tamers on mine. Anyways, after we pulled the lugs off the wheels were like ceased on the bolt, he said this happend to him. It was b/c the I put the rounded part of the nut against the rim, since that was the way it came stock. Well having it that way some how ceased the rim on the bolts. So we had to take a punch and 5bl slug hammer and knocked the bolts out, drilled the holes smooth, and put them back on and they were fine. But one of the back bolts when I was tightening it the bolt just spun instead of tightening like the others. So is this normal or do I need a new bolt, or is there somethin wrong with the hub? Oh also I put the flat side of the nuts against teh rim this time, so it will hopefully not happen again.

K_Fulk
03-07-2003, 05:34 AM
You can get a new stud for the hub and see if that works. If it doesn't work you can take the hub to a welder and have them put a couple tack welds on it so it doesn't move.

fmf400ex
03-07-2003, 06:05 AM
Ok, I got the it on though. Its just I had to hold a pair of vice grips on the back, while my friend tightened the nut and we got it on.ButI am just wanting to prevent this from happening the next time I change tires.