PDA

View Full Version : rev. limiter

dirtrider420
06-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Looking at putting one on my quad need some info

CJM
06-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Unless you got a fairly worked engine its pointless on these things.

dirtrider420
06-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I got a 07 400 it sucks when reversing especially in mud so how do I fix that

TheAwesomehonda
06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh that's what your talking about.. Yeah that is annoying. I got rid of the rev limiter on mine by accident. All i did was plug my 05 icm/cdi into a 01 400ex(and drove it a little).. Then when i put it back on the 05 it no longer had the reverse rev limiter.. I know it sounds weird but i'm serious. I have no idea why this happened but it did.

Stickman400
06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I think you have to buy an aftermarket CDI to get rid of the reverse limiter, unless you do what awesome said. I'm not sure if there is some wires you can clip and splice together to get rid of it or not. I know my Big Gun CDI got rid of it and it's very handy.

TheAwesomehonda
06-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Stickman400
I think you have to buy an aftermarket CDI to get rid of the reverse limiter, unless you do what awesome said. I'm not sure if there is some wires you can clip and splice together to get rid of it or not. I know my Big Gun CDI got rid of it and it's very handy. I also have no idea if it would work everytime but it wouldn't hurt to try if he would be buying an aftermarket one anyhow.

qlphoton
06-17-2012, 06:54 PM
There is a wire that can be cut .I think it is the gray with black stripe on it. Ive done this and its great.There is a thread on here somewhere,and thats how i found out. Hope i helped

dirtrider420
06-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I read since all. I have is a slip on to get a stage 3 rev limiter.

JOHNDOE83
06-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Well like CJM said a rev box wont do much good unless you have extensive motor work done, If you just want the limiter removed from reverse Im sure theres a way to test it before you cut it.

Take a trip to the junkyard, make sure its one that has a few scooters. Scooter CDI's are wired the same way a pre-reverse 400ex is wired, cut the cdi wire harness off and take the cdi from the scooter for testing, You can even cut the scooter cdi apart to see whats inside and to use the female plug to make a new wire harness for your EX so you dont have to cut your stock harness.

To much typing, if you wanna try it Ill add more.....:chinese: