PDA

View Full Version : heres a good one...

steve181
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
long bolt for the oil filter snapped off

whats the best way to get the bolt out and a new one in

Stickman400
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
That happened to me once. I tightened the other short bolt as tight as I could without snapping it off and then went on a poker run and checked the oil every so often and when I got back home I went to try and get the piece out and it wasn't in there. I guess it vibrated out or something. I don't know what would be the best way of getting that out of there other than vibration because there isn't ay kind of extractor to reach in there.

AtvKid4Eva
06-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Pull the case off..you should be able to get it out from the back

NMills
06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
You'll probably hear a few different ways... is the stuf close the the top of the hole?? or did it snap inside where you can not get it??? is you can get a small flat head screwdriver and a hammer... and use the corner of the flathead on the top of the broken stud... and and tap it to the left.... it may take a little patience... some swearing... but at long as you did not cross thread it in... it should come out after a few minutes... just don't hit the side case with the screwdriver or the hammer...

Ruby Soho
06-16-2012, 01:49 PM
if it broke inside the threaded hole, you can drill it out. if it broke above, grind a flat slot in it and screw it out with a screwdriver. or weld a nut on it and spin it out with a socket. its all do able.