PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me About Torque Springs

highside74
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
I get the sizing and rpm thing. My questions are when and why? Like do you use 1500 torque with 1500 compression Or mix? When do you switch and why. For just getting started in the backyard track and maybe a local race do I start with 1000 or 1500 for just a set it and forget it type thing for now? Thanks.

edwardsp&b
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
First off, where did you buy from...meaning what dealer or did you just buy used? With the questions your having I would pick a dealer, ask him his thoughts with the setup you have, and buy from him. Usually once you get it setup, you just maintain it....cleaning rollers, changing spring when needed, clean variator and make sure everything is smooth.

The number of the torque spring tells me how hard the compression it has. You want to balance out your front variator weights to make sure you are getting belt travel within an 1/8 of an inch of the front variator. Usually I just mark it with a sharpie and check it when hes done riding. It all really depends on what size motor, rear end gearing, and how many rpms your pulling.

The big time riders at Nationals usually have all different setups for different tracks, but with you just starting out, get it setup, maintain it, and ride the wheels off of it.

If you want more answers call me on my cell, pm me, and Ill give you the number.
Bryan

highside74
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Used 50 2 stroke. No dealers around here that do performance tuning or parts.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, but I didn't get any knowledge of using different springs.

The 3 springs are for? You would use which sizes when?

The single spring is for? You would use which size when?

They make the quad do what?

edwardsp&b
06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
I pmd you my cell. Bryan