PDA

View Full Version : Max RPM Axle

otteboys
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Anyone out there have any opinions on the new Maximum RPM axles ? I have one on my son's 70 and it is bent after only 6 motos.

edwardsp&b
06-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Ill take a bend after six motos, thats way more than Ive been getting out of my dominators......So far Ive got about 3 motos on the Max Rpm axle and its not bent yet.

8 motos at nationals this year = 6 broken or bent axles.......One weekend alone it was 3 axles bent for the weekend.

I have more money in shipping back the bad axles to dominator than I paid for the Max Rpm axle. Remember these bikes werent originally designed for the extreme punishment we put them through.
Bryan

otteboys
06-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Really!! I did'nt know the Dominator axles had that many issues, or is it mainly the ones for mini quads. I have a 300ex Dominator in my other son's 90 JB mod, it's at least 3 years old and is still perfect.
Cory

edwardsp&b
06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
I think it is more of the Drr or apex style that makes the axles less dependable. I also have a JB mod with a 450 rear end setup, and a cobra mod with a durablue axle and neither has given any trouble. It usually bends or breaks in the same spot, so I just think it is an engineers oversight. After so much abuse they are going to have issues.
Bryan

mmsoup
06-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Went to Muddy Creek to spectate (GNCC type) and we were amazed at the number of axles that snapped in the just the first motos on Saturday. I may be wrong but it seemed like it was primarily DRR's and Apexes.

Can't remember the last time I saw a big quad axle snap but again we race in the woods.

Westley Wolfe was running away with a moto and snapped an axle in the lead and one of the 70's had the same thing happen to him.........

Surely someone can find a resolve for that

Logan #34's Dad
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
MaxRpm are currently working on a permanent fix for this issue. I believe they are making a big quad axel fit in the carrier. So, thicker axel. The problem is the offset of the axel, Its longer on the side that the threads are cut into which is the weakest point.
I personally believe the only fix is for someone to engineer a kit that allows the engine to be moved as far right (sitting on the quad) as possible. That would require the swingarm to be replaced so the carrier can be moved as well. But that would square up the axel to be more equal on both sides.

#404's Dad
06-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
MaxRpm are currently working on a permanent fix for this issue. I believe they are making a big quad axel fit in the carrier.

I have already done this, been using it all year, works great since March.

greenmachine70
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
MaxRpm are currently working on a permanent fix for this issue. I believe they are making a big quad axel fit in the carrier. So, thicker axel. The problem is the offset of the axel, Its longer on the side that the threads are cut into which is the weakest point.
I personally believe the only fix is for someone to engineer a kit that allows the engine to be moved as far right (sitting on the quad) as possible. That would require the swingarm to be replaced so the carrier can be moved as well. But that would square up the axel to be more equal on both sides.
BradLoomis told me years ago he did this with his polaris race quads. It centers the engine and the weight of the engine as well. Lift a mini qaud from the left side then the right side. Left side is soo much heavier due to the clutch system.

selbygirl
06-20-2012, 05:55 AM
i was talking to dave carter a while back he sed him and dominator are making a new axle and he is making a new swing arm they should have somthing by now