PDA

View Full Version : 90 Case half (long side) - used make offer

GetOut&Ride
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Bought some used stuff, found it was more used than I thought.

Figured I'd post this to see if anyone is interested...

Long side of a 90 case half apparently had a set of tranny gears explode and so they welded inside, epoxied outside. I filled it with tranny fluid and let it sit for the weekend and a dime sized amount of tranny fluid leaked out. Unfortunate as it has the updated wide needle bearing that spins well for the output drive shaft, new looking seal, etc.

I don't weld, and don't feel like trying to figure out if the small leak came from the gasket/tranny cover seal area, or a missed pin head spot on the weld, repair etc.

I debated just throwing this out ... but figured maybe someone would decide if they are willing to try their hand at repairing or have it in their trailer for the "in a pinch" usage (i.e. someone blows a hole through case due to tranny failure in qualifying and they could drop everything in this case and maybe it would hold well enough?).

Going to attach several pictures here so we are all square on what I'm describing and what you are getting (I wish I would have required the same when I bought it).

Shoot me a reasonable offer and you can try your hand at it... and when I say "reasonable offer" I mean to think about the fact that due to size/weight this thing will cost probably at least $25 to ship, so any offer less than $50 is barely worth my time to package up and drive to the post office.

GetOut&Ride
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
inside

GetOut&Ride
06-13-2012, 03:03 PM
outside

GetOut&Ride
06-13-2012, 03:04 PM
full inside

GetOut&Ride
06-13-2012, 03:05 PM
full outside

GetOut&Ride
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
UPDATE & ASKING PRICE
I think the slow tranny fluid leak was my screw up (detail below), and since no one out here on the forums likes to make offers until a suggest price is listed let's start out at $60

DETAIL
Since originally posting this I discovered I had an extra washer in my tranny setup when I put this together to test it (had the big flat washer on face of middle gear like I normally do, but then didn't realize previous owner also had another washer between the middle gear and the bearing that is pressed into the case that the middle gear rides on) so I think that may have contributed to the tranny fluid leak (as it was on the inside of the case and may have prohibited the 5 screws that hold the tranny cover on to press tight enough against the tranny gasket).

But since I already bought a new set of cases and went that route I don't really plan on having this laying around.

GetOut&Ride
08-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Bump?

GetOut&Ride
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Make offer (i.e. something worth my time to box this up, drive to post office and cover shipping charges)

GetOut&Ride
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM
$50 ? (read my update/detail)