PDA

View Full Version : What happened, brand new rebuild!

Sollie1986
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
What just happened, brand new rebuild!
I just finished my rebuild, brand new everything on the top end. I did a propped break in and the bike was running like a bat outta ****. At the track on Sunday, coming down all out in 4th gear about to hit 5th and the motor just shut down and it sounded like a fart with a lot of bass from the motor.

When I got home I tore it down, but there is nothin that appears to be bad. No marks on the piston. The valves are still tight and sealed. The crank has no play and all that is still very tight. Could it be my head gasket? I put in a brand new cometic gasket kit, but I do remember torquing down the head when I checked the piston to valve clearance. Then I took out the clay and retorqued everything.

When I tried to kick the motor over on the track there sounded like a metal clanking from internally. I assumed the timing chain or head gasket right away, but literally ther is no internal damage and all the valves and everything look fantastic. I'm really scratching my head on this.

Also, there wasn't any bottom end power. I didn't think to much about it, I just figured it could of been something minor. Not sure if this extra info helps.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks

finsteratv
06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
maybe it jumped timing thus giving no internal damage and somthing happened to your kicker assembly?? That sounds really weird..I dont even know haha

Sollie1986
06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm sure the timing was still dead on because it was all still tight. I literally have no clue what it could be either haha

2001400exrida
06-15-2012, 08:58 AM
have you checked the crank at all? if your head and piston look ok, i would suggest inspecting the crank especially if you're heaving metal clanking when you try to kick it over.