PDA

View Full Version : Why the Honda CR85?

Logan #34's Dad
06-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Just wanting some answers to why most mods run Honda engines?
When you ask Dirtbike shops and dad's they ALL say the Honda sucks. And looking at the Loretta Lynn results...they are right.

One answer I don't want to hear is: cost. As much money as we dump in these "kids" quads - money is not the reason.

zach R 7x
06-13-2012, 07:37 AM
The main reason we chose the cr motors was.... Everybody else is running it. This makes it easier if you need parts at the track . Also the avalibility of parts, you can purchase a whole bike for under a grand. But for me , it was the cost factor in replacement parts. I have 2 motors that I bought , one stock and one built into a 90, both for less than I had in buying the 2fast kit, not complete motor , just the kit!

Hetrick Racing
06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Also you can call Honda and buy a motor complete.
Also the Original 90 Mod was built by a Honda shop

hanker
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I think the main reason you see so many KTM's on top at Loretta's is KTM's factory support. I hear it's really good.

zach R 7x
06-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by hanker
I think the main reason you see so many KTM's on top at Loretta's is KTM's factory support. I hear it's really good.

This is true. Were I live dirtbikes rule and we have a KTM dealer real close. So all you see at the track bye us is KTM's . Especially in the youth classes.

edwardsp&b
06-15-2012, 12:22 PM
From the few dirbike riders that I talk too, its all about what class your running as to what brand to run. In other words, most of Lorrettas 50 classes have been won on Cobras, and a few Ktms. The 65 class is usually dominated by Ktm, and a few Kawis. On another note the last few years our supermini class has been dominated with the Honda 150. Go to the track and ask Dirtbikers about the 150, and they say its the biggest piece of crap out there.

I can say you wouldnt believe the support they get at Lorrettas. Kawasaki last year bought the whole hill section in the front just for their riders and families, pitched huge tents and fed most of the crowd for the time they were there.

And then theres the support that we get..............

Bryan

nastynotchback1
06-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
From the few dirbike riders that I talk too, its all about what class your running as to what brand to run. In other words, most of Lorrettas 50 classes have been won on Cobras, and a few Ktms. The 65 class is usually dominated by Ktm, and a few Kawis. On another note the last few years our supermini class has been dominated with the Honda 150. Go to the track and ask Dirtbikers about the 150, and they say its the biggest piece of crap out there.

I can say you wouldnt believe the support they get at Lorrettas. Kawasaki last year bought the whole hill section in the front just for their riders and families, pitched huge tents and fed most of the crowd for the time they were there.

Bryan

Tell me about it lol

fish-d-fish
06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Power valve rm...next years will be better, much much better :)

edwardsp&b
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
What's the deal? Is there a new rm motor coming out?
Bryan

miniquaddad90
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing

Also the Original 90 Mod was built by a Honda shop [/B]

Very true Rich