PDA

View Full Version : Fox Float EVOL Rebuild

piejazz96
06-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I know this might not be the right section to post this in, but the suspension thread seams to be a little dead.

Anyway, I blew a seal on my Fox Float Evol gen 2 today at the track and I was wondering who would be the best/faster/cheapest to rebuild my shock(s).

I live in Northeast PA and was hoping to do this pretty quickly. I know of BCS, Walsh and possibly Baldwin. I'm just not very sure and it's a Sunday right now.

I was also wondering, if I get one shock rebuilt, the other one should be rebuilt as well, correct?

Also, it seams my roost guards on my shock seem to have cracked and "rotted." Anyone sell replacement ones?

Thanks, Pierce

iwhip86
06-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I have seth do all my shocks at sfracingonline.com

Just rebuilt my fox, Send them out on a monday, got delivered by friday

89trx250r
06-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I was just gonna say my pep's are gonna go out this week to seth at sfracing :) I know its not the same shock but hes great!

jkiserracing
06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I use Norris Quinn..Quinn Motorsports. He seems to be the Fox Shock guru. You should find his rig at most (or all) Nats. Or you can ship to him in GA.
I think I would send both if they were mine.
And last.....I replaced my guards b ut could only find them directly from Fox. If your interested...I still have the old ones...not cracked or broken....just worn some. If your interested in some used ones I would sell them.

SRH
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I hate to say it but don't use bcs, i had used them in the past , they do great work, but there customer service blows....this wasnt the case when i had used them in 08 but this year i used them i just didnt feel like they cared, had sent them some simple head work to do...3 months and they claimed they couldnt get the part...sent it to another shop had it back in a week...did some shocks too all the bottom out cushions were on upside down....

very dissappointing

piejazz96
06-11-2012, 06:28 PM
hmm, I was thinking that I was going to go them one the reason that they have good customer service, among other reasons.

When I was at Hurricane Hills, my local track, guy next to me, Bradford if I remember correctly, riding for BCS had nothing but good to say about them. His mechanic walked up and offered me advice along with Josh Creamer's mechanic at the race. Very nice people and seem like they know what they are doing. Also there must be a reason for so many people use BCS and the support they give. Even at home, preparing the shocks they told me exactly what to do with the preparation.

I just didn't want to go to some guy that thinks he knows what he's doing with a set of $1500 shocks.

Thanks for the help anyway guys, think I'm gonna send them out to BCS tomorrow.

Robin Hood
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I never had a problem with BCS. I sent my EVOLS and podium to them 2 times and each time the turn around was a day or two. They even called me after one of my races and asked how they performed and if there were any problems.