PDA

View Full Version : Iron MEN plus a ?

LT80
06-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I was wondering when they had a rule change as far as the allowable number of classes you can race.

For you mini-come-lately folks (j/k) John Natalie earned the Ironman nickname for racing 4 classes at a TT race in Indana Pa (I forget the track name).
We quickly found out that we are only allowed to race 3 classes.

NOW, look at Travis Spader! 4 count em 4 ->MX<- classes!!! Now that's tough!!!

I really don't care if they allow 3 or 4 I was just wondering about any rule change on the subject.

Question:
What's you ppl's opinion on a former > pro champion< being allowed to compete in amature classes?

blaster12s
06-11-2012, 06:29 AM
now i ride with spader quite often and the way i understand it is that he works full time in this rehab place. shows up on sunday and runs 4 class' and collects his check for every neatv cont out there. and its not a cake walk in some of those classes. he is making more money now then when he was pro and having more fun. I say good for him lol. until i have to race agianst him then ill change my mind and say he is to fast HAHA.

nastynotchback1
06-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I see no problem with a pro that has been off for a while coming back and starting over in the amateur classes but once he has dominated the pro class for a year he should be made to move back into the pro class for the next year.Same goes with someone who has never been a pro.If they are dominating the class they are in for a year they should have to move up a class the next year.

thequadfather+2
06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep I agree with Nasty, For example: If someone was in Pro Am and winning every race, rarely even being challenged....:devil:

nastynotchback1
06-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Yep I agree with Nasty, For example: If someone was in Pro Am and winning every race, rarely even being challenged....:devil:

LOL i was not pointing a finger at anyone he just makes a great example for this discussion.

#404's Dad
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I think Spader should be in the Pro Am class, he is cleaning house round after round in the lower classes. Only my opinion

LT80
06-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I remember Donny Banks was in the 40+ class at London Ky.
I didn't like the idea at all... till he FLEW by and lapped me.
I couldn't have made it the extra lap. :D

2fastt4u
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Just want to say you boys should quite your'e crying about Spader. He is 40 something and if you can't beat the old man, maybe you should try tennis or soccer. Just saying maybe you young guys should train more. Getting beat by a old man must suck! Way to Go Spader!

thequadfather+2
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't know if it sucks or not, maybe he should try his luck in Pro Am when he's done raiding the hen house.

Maybe Natalie could come back to 4-stroke A and knock some heads when he's done in the pro ranks.

Or maybe we should all just train more.:D tennis or soccer-not so much but I can play the hell out of badminton!!!

Actually I am just kidding, I don't know him because I am a "mini-come-lately" dad so pay no attention to what i just said......

Logan #34's Dad
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Back to the original question, I don't know when they changed the amount of classes a person could run. I noticed Spader doing that awhile back too.
Anyone got an extra quad that Logan could run in the School boy Jr class? Maybe a "production" Apex 250......:blah:

ps. I hope Mr. Bassani don't figure this one out.....Chasing one more fast Cobra would be no fun!