PDA

View Full Version : What A arms should I get?

joeb2300
06-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Alright so Im building a 400ex CRF hybrid and can't decide between Laeger or Roll design. I would love to get some walsh flow arms but they don't make them for 400ex. Also Im going to be flat tracking and mx, so they need to be multi fuctional.

ben300
06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.jbatvracing.com/400ex#!__400ex

joeb2300
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Those are basically laeger arms but a little more pricey.

HondaRacing83
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
id take jb over laeger but think id go for roll design. does atv four play make 400 a arms? id consider gibson to btw

joeb2300
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I didn't know you guys were that big of fan of jb parts? I like gibson a arms but for flat tracking purposes they're not ideal. What about walsh?

ben300
06-11-2012, 06:08 AM
my buddy used to flat track and mx a baldwin built 450r and it had JB racing the whole way around...now mind being it was long travel...but it handled like a dream and the a-arms/swing arm worked flawlessly....jody bateman makes some top notch products

we'd all love to have some walsh if we could afford it haha....honeslty, houser makes a really good product, and is a decent price, but they dotn have long travel anymore for the 400

i dont konw if four play makes anything for the 400 anymore...they dont list anthing for them or the ltz400 on their website, but that doesnt mean that they dont make them anymore...best bet would be to call them

trompen542
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
KOQ pro comp, very similar to both walsh, and jb, only 899.00, check them out at kidsonquads.com

89trx250r
06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Buy a pro-trax (T-pin) front end from laeger its probably the best money can buy...

madskrillz2
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by trompen542
KOQ pro comp, very similar to both walsh, and jb, only 899.00, check them out at kidsonquads.com

Lol very similar? Just because they're a arms doesn't make them similar.

TheLane
06-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Is it just me, or did NOONE read the first post?

He just said they dont make walsh for the 400ex anymore.

Kawie450r
06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
Is it just me, or did NOONE read the first post?

He just said they dont make walsh for the 400ex anymore.

If you can read hes the one who asked what about walsh? After he stated that walsh doesnt make them anymore in his first post. No one else said walsh.

TheLane
06-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by joeb2300
I didn't know you guys were that big of fan of jb parts? I like gibson a arms but for flat tracking purposes they're not ideal. What about walsh?

Oh really?

Kawie450r
06-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Ya and look at the username. He is the one that started the thread. So obviously he wasnt listening to himself.

TheLane
06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh really?

Kawie450r
06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
lol i love this forum

Kawie450r
06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
And they are not flows but looks like walsh still makes arms for the 400ex.

http://walshrc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.details&ProductID=88606

TheLane
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Kawie450r
And they are not flows but looks like walsh still makes arms for the 400ex.

http://walshrc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.details&ProductID=88606

Oh really?

Lol now im just being a douche :P

joeb2300
06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Im thinking Walsh.. The Laeger t pins are cool but for $2100 I think I'll pass, also I talked to the mike at Laeger awhile back and he was a complete dick, No help from him at all!!

madskrillz2
06-17-2012, 04:15 PM
If I were you, I'd look around the for sale section before I bought something new. I got my walsh front end for half of what a new one costs.

motochamp250
06-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Walsh still makes 400ex stuff..... before i sold my bike and was contemplating a rebuild i called and priced a swing-arm and a-arms.. was just going to be a little wait time, as it's not something they keep around.... unless they've decided to not do anymore in the last few months...

trompen542
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Lol very similar? Just because they're a arms doesn't make them similar.
I guess you haven't seen their pro comp a arms, they have been designed by one of the major shock companies, to work at the best angles, shock placement, and width for anti body roll, and handeling just like JB, and Walsh, at a greatly reduced price.

madskrillz2
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I guess you haven't seen their pro comp a arms, they have been designed by one of the major shock companies, to work at the best angles, shock placement, and width for anti body roll, and handeling just like JB, and Walsh, at a greatly reduced price.

Yes I've seen them and I would take a used set of JB or Walsh over them any day.

ben300
06-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes I've seen them and I would take a used set of JB or Walsh over them any day.

+10000

..not only that, but the name of the company is dumb...i hate buying things from dumb named companies

they may be similar..but its extremely hard to beat teh product, and the quality of wash or JB..hands down

trompen542
06-21-2012, 08:52 AM
You know what is interesting, I don't know who you are, but you have had somthing negative to say about every post I have made, you bash, my family, the riders that ride for us, the company I work for, and the products we make. Its amazing that someone, that has never tried our products can be so negitive about them. So it must be personel, and your comments on our products ect. should be taken as a bash from someone very childish. grow up, and if you ever do, i would like to hear your adult, comments, if you ever do try our products.

madskrillz2
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
You know what is interesting, I don't know who you are, but you have had somthing negative to say about every post I have made, you bash, my family, the riders that ride for us, the company I work for, and the products we make. Its amazing that someone, that has never tried our products can be so negitive about them. So it must be personel, and your comments on our products ect. should be taken as a bash from someone very childish. grow up, and if you ever do, i would like to hear your adult, comments, if you ever do try our products.

I mean I know someone that owned a set and they had nothing but problems. I actually wasn't bashing them. I was just stating I would much rather have a set of JB or Walsh over those. I don't really know what else I have said before that could be considered bashing unless you're referring to something that was said about your son assuming you're his father. If that's the case, you need to point out a lot more people besides me. Maybe you're just too sensitive?

Warnerade
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I think it is absolutely hilarious that he is talking about "growing up"...maybe he has metaphorically "grown up" in the past few years, and now he expects everyone else has too?

one of those imponderables I guess

trompen542
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
I mean I know someone that owned a set and they had nothing but problems. I actually wasn't bashing them. I was just stating I would much rather have a set of JB or Walsh over those. I don't really know what else I have said before that could be considered bashing unless you're referring to something that was said about your son assuming you're his father. If that's the case, you need to point out a lot more people besides me. Maybe you're just too sensitive?
Again, I question who has the pro-comps that you have seen in person, only a few riders have them, our team, and a few riders, that we keep in contact with, that are giving us feed back, on how the pro-comp a arms, swingarm, and link work as a package. we have had nothing but good feed back on them, so i am again questioning why you would say that someone has had trouble with them. The thing about bashing my son, what is up with that? we don't even know you, yet you continue to bash him every time you get the chance. It really is not funny to bash someone, that is trying, and in this economey, you could be taking away someones lively hood.

madskrillz2
06-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Again, I question who has the pro-comps that you have seen in person, only a few riders have them, our team, and a few riders, that we keep in contact with, that are giving us feed back, on how the pro-comp a arms, swingarm, and link work as a package. we have had nothing but good feed back on them, so i am again questioning why you would say that someone has had trouble with them. The thing about bashing my son, what is up with that? we don't even know you, yet you continue to bash him every time you get the chance. It really is not funny to bash someone, that is trying, and in this economey, you could be taking away someones lively hood.

I find that very hard to believe. So you call up every person you've sold a set to just to "check in". Lol give me a break. As for your son, I don't remember the last time I said anything about him and I don't plan on bringing his name up anytime soon. I'm just saying I don't know why you're acting like I've slandered your family name or something. There's a lot more people on this forum that have said worse things than me