PDA

View Full Version : Stainless bolt kit [ebay]

jjohns5
06-09-2012, 07:00 PM
These are about 120ish on ebay and was thinking about purchasing one for my build. Has anyone had experience with these, they look pretty nice and complete, also looks like allen style bolts?

250rice
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
i bought mine from alloy bolts i think. it was from ebay. they worked good for me. i got the engine kit only and the only bad thing it did not have the three bolts for the case that go behind the stator. i thought that was crappy thing to do but thats how they sell them. i i used anti size like it says and after the second ride and the brake in too because i did a bottom end rebuild anyhow they came loose a little after two rides . i think it was the anti seize so i tighten them again buy hand rode it again checked it still tight. going to ride it tomorrow and ill check again but i don't think they will come lose again all an all i am happy with them. oh and i only torqued my case bolts to 13 ft lb that may be way they loosened up too

jjohns5
06-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah, that's them, later on down the rode give me a follow up, thanks

87TRX310R
06-09-2012, 11:56 PM
I used them on two of my builds with no problems and it makes life easier on the the trails for when you do have a problem just a set of allens and an adjustable.

Grande Huevos
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I have used these same kits on 2 of my builds and I love them. I got the entire kit and I think they look good, and like stated above they make it easy to work on. I used blue loc tite on all my bolts and have not had any issues with bolts coming loose or breaking

sangheraent
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I built my bike in 09 with one of these kits have to say I haven't had a single issue yet.

However I didn't use any engine bolts my motor came complete.

mineralgrey01gt
06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I had one for my build I did in 2008. HORRIBLE. I had to go back and tighten up them after every ride. I had stuff fall off the bike because the bolts would not stay where they were suppose to be. Myself and quite a few others had big problems with that bolt kit. Go look at the thread in the Open Forum "Worst quad investment".