PDA

View Full Version : wont start

ryan 83
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
We have a drr 90 with a b 52 cyinder kit hetrick built motor. My son was riding today all at once it wouldnt take the gas started hesitating and quit will not start. Its getting spark and fuel. Have not checked compression yet. What should it be? Thanks for any help

raptorobbie
06-08-2012, 08:22 AM
could be broken reeds - but check compression and let us know.

ryan 83
06-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I changed the reeds (new set), new plug, checked jet in carb, I did not check comp could not find my comp tester but it feels like it has good compression. I know that is not always true, but thats all I had to go on this time. It has good spark and its getting fuel but it will not fire at all. I bought this quad a year ago it has FRC on the cylinder head and hetrick stamped on cylinder. I was told it had a B-52 in it. In order to purchase head gaskets base gaskets or about anything for this I need to no what this kit has. Can anyone help me out with this B-52 KIT.

Thanks

raptorobbie
06-11-2012, 06:20 AM
what does it do w/ a little starting fluid?
also - you said you checked the jet, did you tear the carb down and clean it really good, and swap spark plugs?

mmsoup
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
If you have spark, fuel and not certain of compression I would remove the head and check for piston damage. Also, need to make sure that your crank seals are tight and make sure you don't have any other air leaks.

Sounds to me like you either lost an electrical component or burned up a motor and if you have spark, I would worry about the latter

FRC is one of the Taiwanese cylinder suppliers....... Do you have a one piece head or a two piece head? Regardless, call Gary at G-Force powersports or Marc at Hot Quads. They have ready access to all the necessary oem parts you need. Sounds like you have a Hetrick ported stock cylinder so I would make sure it is still 52mm in Bore before ordering rings or pistons.

Hetrick Racing
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
:rolleyes:

ryan 83
06-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I ordered a top end gasket kit from Hetrick since that is where it was built prior to me owning it. They were very helpful. As for the crank seals how do I check them? cylinder, piston and rings were like new. Thanks for any input

fomospede
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing
:rolleyes:
IM sure this guy can fix you up 2!!

ryan 83
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I put the bike back together with 3 base gaskets like come off it. It started up idles good and all. It takes about 5 times the distance or farther before it really comes to life, probably like 30 yards compared 4 or 5 feet like before. Could this be a cylinder spacing issue? I have 1 more gasket - should I add it or maybe remove one? not sure what to do next!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mmsoup
06-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry Rick that didn't come out right.......
My point was, a modified cylinder MAY not necessarily be a stock bore.

Sounds like clutching issues on the take off, try getting the stall speed up before the clutch engages. Call Hetrick and they will get you where you need to be.

As far as clearance, we have always tried to stay between 28 and 32 thousandths on our motors.

ryan 83
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
I have 2 base gaskets on now, it helped a bunch. Now I think a may have a little clutching issue-no big deal at least we r up and running.Only a slight hesitation. I am going to 18 inch snow hogs up from 16 running a 31/19 sprockets any idea on roller weights?

Thanks to all thats helped, Keith

tyler70t
06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
You need some soldering wire and a micrometer, check the squish before adding more gaskets

Originally posted by ryan 83
I put the bike back together with 3 base gaskets like come off it. It started up idles good and all. It takes about 5 times the distance or farther before it really comes to life, probably like 30 yards compared 4 or 5 feet like before. Could this be a cylinder spacing issue? I have 1 more gasket - should I add it or maybe remove one? not sure what to do next!!!!!!!!!!!!!1