PDA

View Full Version : Checking Interest

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
We are possibly looking at selling Brandon's 400ex, figured I would see if there would be any interest in it.

JB LT A-arm
Leager Swing Arm
GT Thunder MX linkage
Fox Float Evol's on front
Elka rear
JB Stem
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Lonestar Xcaliber axle
Hiper beadlocks all around
Rath Bumper
Rath Nerfs
Rage Built head

Im sure I am missing some, the engine has 4 races on it and probably 4 or 5 practices, new hot rods crank, new head, new cylinder, all new valves, new piston, basically everything in new in the engine. The axle carrier, axle, and rear rotor is new, just replaced 3 weeks ago, new front wheel bearings, new swing are bushings. The whole quad was just built this winter. We are going to go to the Suzuki Z400, just a better fit for the Nationals. This is a really well built machine and runs exceptionally well. Let me know if anybody is interested. Call or Text, 724-880-3829

Thanks
Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 02:09 PM
These pics were right after it was built, thats why the nerfs arent on it, but it looks just the same, I can take some new pics of it when I get home from work if anybody wants them.

TheAwesomehonda
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
:cool: Someone would buy that quad for the right price.

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 02:14 PM
If I get the right offer I will let it go. Hate to but for him to compete at the nats we have to move to the Z

JOHNDOE83
06-07-2012, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering what the benefits are for switching to the Z400, Ive had many races nothing important or even close to a national level and I was untouchable by Z400s.

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Well lets put it this way, a fully built Rage Z400 is putting out around 50HP, thats a legal 400cc engine, just not going to get that out of an Ex. Go to one National and watch Sammy Rowe on his and you will see what I am talking about, Don't get me wrong, Sammy is an AWSOME rider and has alot to do with it, but the built Z's are just to much for the ex.

jman7290
06-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I hate to see someone go to the darkside! I got buddies with the Z and I eat them up and spit them out... That's a real nice bike, maybe you just just switch to a differant builder like Duncan or FST. Seems like it would be much cheaper since you have that 400 built up so nice. Sorry man, I just hate to see you change from a Honda for another make.

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
No definatley not another builder, Rage builds some of the fastest engine on the track, I have 2 other bikes with Rage engines, and they absolutley rip, look at his track record it speaks for itself, I don't care who builds it, your not going to build a leagal 400cc engine on an ex to competed with a legal 400cc Z, their 2 diffeant animals, not being smart but I guarauntee you if you put you ex on the track at a National up against the built Z's you will see nothing but the back of them, again, not trying to be smart it's just a fact. They are just 2 differant style engines and the Z's make way more power, I have owned both, the Z I used to have was mine when my son was still racing 90's, the only reason I bought this one was I picked it up right. Now granted it didn't look like it does now and I dumped a pile of money in it but I still got it at a good price, and I wasn't sure if he was going to like the 400 class so I figured it would be a good way to start being he was only 13, but now he likes being in the class so time to step up to what he needs. The ex would make a very good bike for racing locally, but not Nationally. It sucks cause the damn thing handles like a dream and is a really stong runner, If I could afford it, I would keep it for myself, but I can't got to get rid of it to get him what he needs. Thank you for the compliments, again I do love it, it's just not what he needs racing the Nationals, like I said, wish I could keep it, but........................LOL

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Here's 2 recent pics of it......

mxdad423
06-07-2012, 08:52 PM
pic 2

mxdad423
06-11-2012, 06:12 AM
May of found a really great deal on a Z, so possibly be able to sell a little cheaper then I wanted to, let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks
Kevin

chronicsmoke
06-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Thats a sick bike!

How does your son like those Artrax tires? If you decide to part it, I'd take the MX link.

mxdad423
06-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Thats a sick bike!

How does your son like those Artrax tires? If you decide to part it, I'd take the MX link.

Thanks man. He loves them, I bought them just to try them because they were cheap, I figured we would run them one race then take them off because he would't like them, after 4 races their still on there, he likes them better then the high dollar quad cross we always ran. Yea I will let you know, but I don't think I will part it, I would probably let it set in the garage before tareing it apart, just couldn't do it I don't think. For what I may be able to sell it for if the deal works out on the Z, it would make somebody a h*ll of a deal.

Kevin

chronicsmoke
06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Yea I will let you know, but I don't think I will part it, I would probably let it set in the garage before tareing it apart, just couldn't do it I don't think.
Kevin

Haha I don't blame you one bit for wanting to keep it together.

Thanks for the input on the tires Kevin, I've been interested in them too because of the price.

mxdad423
06-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Haha I don't blame you one bit for wanting to keep it together.

Thanks for the input on the tires Kevin, I've been interested in them too because of the price.

Sure thing, so far they have been great, can't beat them for the price and so far the performance has been great, we have ran in sloppy mud, really sandy conditions, and dry conditions and they have seemed to work great all the way around. So can I interest you in a really good deal on a really nice 400ex? LOL......

Kevin

Shawthy33
06-12-2012, 08:51 AM
This kid is a lucky *******, two great looking bikes.

mxdad423
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Shawthy33
This kid is a lucky *******, two great looking bikes.

LOL, Thanks for the compliment......

Kevin

mxdad423
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Still for sale, can make somebody a great deal on it.......

Kevin

quadmanw
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
well I know you live close to me... and that bike is pretty... pm me your price just so I can know? thanks, Steve

mxdad423
07-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Bump