PDA

View Full Version : ATVA Who's side are they on?

quadrcr161
06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Ive wondered this for a while but all the nuke the ___ made me post this. Who's side is the ATVA on? i know their slogan is 'protecting your rights" but are they really? i know they do a lot of work for some public lands but what do they do for racers who have to sign up for them to race? Here locally the bikes have kicked quads out from 90% the private land/but open to the public tracks. The mainly state we tear up the tracks, and the owners say there isnt enough riders but wouldnt the number of riders increase with the number of places to ride/race?? who in their right mind would spend the money making a mx 450 to ride one to two places and only on race day? on top of theres basically no xc or tt races in the south. One would think the ATVA would help racers fight for places to practice/race since you have to be a member to race the nationals, More places to Ride/practice = more racers = more people signing up for nationals = more money for the ATVA or are they making enough without having to do do anymore? Am i alone on my thoughts? if im wrong let me know.

atvfrk10
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
I've often wondered this myself. Now that the ATVA kinda Merged with the AMA, at least at the pro level, I would think that any AMA sanctioned track would be required to allows quads on there track.

I feel that would be the best way because I personally believe the quality of the track goes up when you are sanctioned (you hold qualifiers, you are seen on more than a local level, etc.). So in becoming a legitimate track you become sanctioned and thus have to allow quads on the track.

quadrcr161
06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
ive always understood the ATVA was a part or branch of the AMA, i remeber before the ATVA you had to be an AMA member to race the nationals. I dont think being a sanctioned track would help, esp if they are against the quads, but ive been to some run down WKA kart tracks.

but if you look at other sanctions, like WKA they allow racers to run for money at the local series, making the tracks have to rely on spectators, unlike the AMA/ATVA who help the track owners make the money off of riders, but thats a whole other topic.

jigg14
06-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by atvfrk10
I've often wondered this myself. Now that the ATVA kinda Merged with the AMA, at least at the pro level, I would think that any AMA sanctioned track would be required to allows quads on there track.

I feel that would be the best way because I personally believe the quality of the track goes up when you are sanctioned (you hold qualifiers, you are seen on more than a local level, etc.). So in becoming a legitimate track you become sanctioned and thus have to allow quads on the track.

I agree with the idea of making AMA sanctioned tracks have to allow quads. There aren't very many in Alabama (at least to my knowledge) other than Mill Creek and Monster Mountain. Monster will let quads ride some times, but its usually during the week, and a 2.5 hour haul is a long way on a week day. But Mill Creek is just a little over an hour for me.

I like that idea! Even if it only opened 2 more tracks locally for me, that's 2 more that we don't have now...