PDA

View Full Version : eBay brake pads

dc01
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I went the cheap route and bought eBay brake pads, the ones for 11 bucks for all three sets that come in a plastic bag, and they suck. There so tight that you can't even push the quad but if you hit the brakes when your under power they over heat and don't stop very good at all.

So don't go the cheap route like I did. Get the good stuff. Just thought that I would tell my story, maybe help someone decide.

JOHNDOE83
06-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Did you decompress the brake piston all the way before you installed?

TheAwesomehonda
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
How many hours do you have on them?? On pads drag for a little while when there new.

on the rocks
06-07-2012, 05:31 AM
thoes are the ones i get. for the price you cant beat them. if there dragging that bad to begin with yes of course when you hit the brakes there gonna get even hotter then before, since they were already hot from dragging.

something is not right if there dragging that bad.

smorris1
06-07-2012, 06:49 AM
I remember I bouht a set of EBC severe duty pads for the rear and the same thing happened to me. I couldnt even push the bike they were so thick. I have put brakes on a million times before with no problems. Idk why sometimes the pads will do that.

dc01
06-07-2012, 07:32 AM
To answer all of your questions, they're brand new, so zero hours, I have been putting brake pads on 400's since they came out, I did 100% push the pistons all the way in, and it's only the right front wheel that is really hard to turn. I have put nothing but EBC on my bike before and nothing has ever happened like this. Never again eBay, never again.

on the rocks
06-07-2012, 09:44 AM
giving up after one time failing is a good attitude... keep it up lol :rolleyes:

TheAwesomehonda
06-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by smorris1
I remember I bouht a set of EBC severe duty pads for the rear and the same thing happened to me. I couldnt even push the bike they were so thick. I have put brakes on a million times before with no problems. Idk why sometimes the pads will do that. Exact same thing happened to me. It is normal i think.

dc01
06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by on the rocks
giving up after one time failing is a good attitude... keep it up lol :rolleyes:

Huh, I guess i'm not used to failing. Lol.

I haven't taken them off yet so i'll see if they break in. If not then i'll use them for rears.

Baileygunns
06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I tried them once... And only once.

Stick with EBC and dont waste your money on those eBay pads. I dont care how cheap they are, they're a waste of money.

CJM
06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I honestly never had an issue putting pads on. Got some cheapo ebay pads on the back now (somehow the ebcs on the back wore quicker than the fronts and I dont have a parking brake!)

I did chuck the quarter sized pieces that were in the piston of the caliper. They serve no purpose imho except to take up room.

hybridracer686
06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
used the same cheap pads they worked fine but i also ditched the spacers as well. might want to try removing them.
:confused:

JOHNDOE83
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
lol... glad to see Im not the only one to ditch that spacer...:D

Drfat400ex
06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Well I've never used EBC but my DP Sevre duties have been great! Seem to work fine and don't rub or get hot. I'm planning on trying EBC once these wear out to see which ones I like better through. And by the spacer do you guys mean the peice that goes on the end of the piston between the brake pad?

Zeb400EX
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Have you checked your rotor? It might be bent a little. They bend pretty easy.

dc01
06-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by hybridracer686
used the same cheap pads they worked fine but i also ditched the spacers as well. might want to try removing them.
:confused:

Damn good idea. I'll try that, thanks.

Zeb , rotors not bent. I checked it with the dial indicator.

hybridracer686
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
Well I've never used EBC but my DP Sevre duties have been great! Seem to work fine and don't rub or get hot. I'm planning on trying EBC once these wear out to see which ones I like better through. And by the spacer do you guys mean the peice that goes on the end of the piston between the brake pad?

yup