PDA

View Full Version : Southwick 338

NTPRacing#19
03-06-2003, 04:50 PM
so how muddy do you guys think southwick will be for the opener in april? hopefully not as muddy as it was last season. so who raced the opener last season at southwick and lost a top end?

shiftybone22
03-07-2003, 09:07 AM
last years opener was the muddiest i have seen southwick. i also blew my top end, but not till the weekend after at JR. i know southwick was the reason for it though. as long as it doesnt rain im sure it will be ok, of course that is if the snow is melted by then.

what class do u ride in? maybe i know you.

Lasher
03-07-2003, 10:49 AM
I did not blow my top end, but I pulled off the track during the race because I did not want that to happen.

There is supposed to be a bike race at Southwick later this month. Right now they are not sure on if their race is going to happen.

Since Southwick is changing, I am sure they are going to work on the track, which means pushing the snow off it. Be interesting, but it is a month away. So nice warm weather (say 70 degrees and sunny) would help. Just not another cold spell for a week or more.

shiftybone22
03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
weather.com says its gonna be in the high 30's all next week. thats a start

redrizza
03-07-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't mind the mud. Mud is fun. :devil Last years opener was pretty muddy, I had to zig zag around people in the mudhole below the spectator jump just to get through. :macho

NTPRacing#19
03-07-2003, 12:22 PM
i race in the 440 C class last year and i rode a yellow 400ex witht he #19 on it, then it was black last time i went to jollys, still #19 and this year i will be in the 440 B class

BigBore81
03-08-2003, 04:58 AM
i raced that race and it sucked!!! That was the worst race i have ever been in well except of dourse for the the race were it was sunny out all day and as soon as the gate dropped for my class it just downpoored and completly washed the track out :grr But as far as the season opener i sure hope its ready i have been down there a couple of time with ex80 and i think they will get everything rolling for us